Recent Topics

1 Jul 28, 2009 00:10    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hello,
I started getting this error:
[Your baseurl () set in _basic_config.php seems invalid. ]

...and found that most of my _basic_config.php in fact seemed to be missing, as though all but the last dozen or so lines had been deleted. So I uploaded a _basic_config.php from my last backup (base url is fine, I checked). Now I get a blank browser window, not even an error. Only other action was to try changing some permissions -- another thread had mentioned this but didn't say which files or what level of permission.

The blog should be (and always has been perfectly fine until recently) at:

http://www.viprealtyinc.com/b2evolution/blogs/blog1.php

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance,
Mike

2 Jul 28, 2009 09:46

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forums. Would you be able to post the contents of your _basic_config.php for us to look at?

Do you have any idea what changed recently to cause the file to have changed/corrupted ?

L

3 Jul 28, 2009 15:17

Thanks L,

I don't know what happened, though I did notice a file called "_basic_config.php.bak.wss.312" was in the conf directory. I took it out, assuming it was some kind of backup (my hosting service is "wss"). Nothing seemed to change. I did an upgrade, too, which seemed to work fine, except for still getting the blank window.

I'm posting my _basic_config.php, hoping I'm using the forum's syntax tags correctly, and redacting my password. Thanks very much for looking at this, and for patience as I'm clearly over my head on this one.:

<?php
/**
 * This is b2evolution's basic config file.
 * You need to edit this file to your settings before attempting to install the database!
 * Last significant changes to this file: version 1.6
 * Reminder: every line starting with # or // is a comment, multiline comments are
 *           surrounded by '/*' and '* /' (without space).
 * IMPORTANT: Take special care not to erase quotes (') around text parameters
 * and semicolums (;) at the end of the lines. Otherwise you'll get some
 * "unexpected T_STRING" parse errors!
 * Contributors: you should override this file by creating a file named _config_TEST.php
 * (see end of this file).
 * @package conf
 */
if( !defined('EVO_CONFIG_LOADED') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

// TODO: dh> this file was meant to be used for things where you only need the basic config..
// fp> also:
// - At least _admin.php should only be called when in the backoffice.
// - Also we should probably start by moving as many conf options to the backoffice as possible and see how much stuff is left in conf files
//    Note: some stuff does not make sense in the back-office (for example stuff that depends on the physical path where the files are installed)
// - In view of reorganization, please list (all or examples) of situations where only a subset of the conf should be loaded.

/**
 * Maintenance mode. Set this to 1 in order to temporarily disable access to the application.
 * Note: it is still possible to access the install script during maintenance mode.
 */
$maintenance_mode = 0;

// Below is an alternative hardcore version of maintenance mode.
// This one will block the install script too.
// Remove /* and */ to activate.
/*
header('HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable');
echo '<h1>503 Service Unavailable</h1>';
die( 'The site is temporarily down for maintenance.' );
*/

/**
 * MySQL DB settings.
 * Fill in your database details (check carefully or nothing will work!)
 */
$db_config = array(
	'user'     => 'vipweb_b2evolut',     // your MySQL username
	'password' => 'xxxxxxxxx',     // ...and password
	'name'     => 'vipweb_b2evolution',  // the name of the database
	'host'     => 'mysql7.websitesource.net',    // MySQL Server (typically 'localhost')
);

/**
 * the tables prefix (gets placed before each b2evo table name),
 * use this to have multiple installations in one DB.
 * @global string $tableprefix
 */
$tableprefix = 'evo_';

/**
 * If you want to be able to reset your existing b2evolution tables and start anew
 * you must set $allow_evodb_reset to 1.
 * NEVER LEAVE THIS SETTING ON ANYTHING ELSE THAN 0 (ZERO) ON A PRODUCTION SERVER.
 * IF THIS IS ON (1) AND YOU FORGET TO DELETE THE INSTALL FOLDER, ANYONE WOULD BE ABLE TO
 * ERASE YOUR B2EVOLUTION TABLES AND DATA BY A SINGLE CLICK!
 */
$allow_evodb_reset = 0;	// Set to 1 to enable. Do not leave this on 1 on production servers

/**
 * $baseurl is where your blogs reside by default. CHECK THIS CAREFULLY or nothing will work.
 * It should be set to the URL where you can find the blog templates and/or the blog stub files,
 * that means index.php, blog_b.php, etc.
 * Note: Blogs can be in subdirectories of the baseurl. However, no blog should be outside
 * of there, or some tricky things may fail (e-g: pingback)
 * IMPORTANT: If you want to test b2evolution on your local machine, do NOT use that machine's
 * name in the $baseurl!
 * For example, if your machine is called HOMER, do not use http://homer/b2evolution/blogs/ !
 * Use http://localhost/b2evolution/blogs/ instead. And log in on localhost too, not homer!
 * If you don't, login cookies will not hold.
 * @global string $baseurl
 */
$baseurl = 'http://viprealtyinc.com/b2evolution/blogs/';
// Use the following if you want to use the current domain:
/*
if( isset($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) )
{	// This only works if HOSt provided by webserver (i-e DOES NOT WORK IN PHP CLI MODE)
	$baseurl = ( (isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']) && ( $_SERVER['HTTPS'] != 'off' ) ) ?'https://':'http://')
							.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].'/';
}
*/

/**
 * This is used only to create the Admin account.
 * @todo move to installer.
 */
$admin_email = 'mike@evces.com';

/**
 * Once you have edited this file to your settings, set the following to 1 (one):
 */
$config_is_done = 1;

# IMPORTANT: you will find more parameters in the other files of the /conf folder.
# IT IS RECOMMENDED YOU DO NOT TOUCH THOSE SETTINGS
# UNTIL YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE DEFAULT INSTALLATION.
#
# It is however strongly recommended you browse through these files as soon as you've
# got your basic installation working. They'll let you customize a lot of things!
?>

[/php]

4 Jul 29, 2009 12:15

Hi

I can't see anything on the face of it that would be causing a problem.

One thing to try is to turn debug on so head over to /conf/_advanced.php and there should be a

$debug = 0;

somewhere at the top. Can you change that to 1 and see what it outputs if anything.

If that leads to nothing do you have the ability to go to a previous backup of this file or turn on the error log for your host to see if b2evo is throwing any any errors.

Cheers
Lee

5 Jul 30, 2009 03:22

Thanks Lee -

Changing the debug parameter to 1 didn't produce anything. That file I posted was the backup.

I don't find an error log on my host control panel. I suppose I'll contact the host and see if there was an event I don't know about. They of course will likely refuse to deal with 'third party applications.'

I'm no expert of course but it seems bizarre to have absolutely nothing appear in the browser.

Thanks very much for your input,
Mike

6 Jul 30, 2009 04:45

FIXED:

I deleted the entire b2evolution directory from my website and uploaded the backup. And there it is in all its glory, after all that bother with config and php and scouring the forums.

Sigh.

Thanks Lee for your help, at least I learned a few things!

Humbly and gratefully
Mike

7 Jul 30, 2009 13:12

Excellent, so glad that it is back up and running :)

Form is loading...