Recent Topics

1 Aug 08, 2009 16:21    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I have some .flv home movies that are hosted on my site that I embed in my blog and it was working fine until last week and then stopped working, I'm not sure why.

Here is the code I am using.

<object width="427" height="240" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://geekfile.googlepages.com/flvplay.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="&amp;streamName=http://family.rivardweb.com/videos/movies/flash/2009/P1010987.flv&amp;
autoPlay=false&amp;autoRewind=true&amp;skinName=http://geekfile.googlepages.com/flvskin" />
<param name="src" value="http://geekfile.googlepages.com/flvplay.swf" />
</object>

Currently as you can tell I'm using a .flv player that is hosted on an external site to mine (geekfile.googlepages.com).

There is also a program called flowplayer.org that I could use to embed video but I'd have to call some javascript from my blog. What fie should I embed the javascrip into that would allow the flowplayer to work and where should I embed it?

Thanks for the help.
Joel

2 Aug 08, 2009 16:23

Oh and here's a link to my site if that helps to diagnose:

(link deleted) - problem solved, see below.

3 Aug 08, 2009 21:43

Do you have the auto links plugin installed at all? Might be worth trying to disable that and see if that works. Looking at the source of your page is looks like the links in the code you are using have been turned into html links.

L

4 Aug 09, 2009 02:17

Ok, why did that all of a sudden start causing problems. It had been working just fine, I didn't change the code or anything. Disabling the autolinks did the trick. Although I'd rather not have to disable it, it's a nice feature.

5 Aug 09, 2009 10:17

Not sure why it suddenly started happening. You should be able to enable the plugin by just opt-in or out when you are writing a post. In the 'Expert' tab when writing a post should be a list of 'Text Renderers' on the right hand side of the screen. If you are doing a video post just make sure the tick box next to the 'Auto Links' name is un-ticked.

You can change the default opt-in/opt-out settings in the plugin settings. If you write mostly video posts then it might be worth setting it to opt-in by default so in the other posts you write you have to tick the box and it doesn't affect your video posts.

L

6 Aug 09, 2009 15:54

jjrivard wrote:

Ok, why did that all of a sudden start causing problems. It had been working just fine, I didn't change the code or anything. Disabling the autolinks did the trick. Although I'd rather not have to disable it, it's a nice feature.

Hmm, it's also possible that you have another service that's pushing updates to twitter. I remember seeing that format [Review] {something something} before on my side. I can't remember if it was me or it was from someone else's Im following.

I'll pick friendfeed and facebook, but it could be any other service. Again, just a thought that came to my mind. I haven't seen it for sometime.

lturner wrote:

Not sure why it suddenly started happening. You should be able to enable the plugin by just opt-in or out when you are writing a post. In the 'Expert' tab when writing a post should be a list of 'Text Renderers' on the right hand side of the screen. If you are doing a video post just make sure the tick box next to the 'Auto Links' name is un-ticked.

You can change the default opt-in/opt-out settings in the plugin settings. If you write mostly video posts then it might be worth setting it to opt-in by default so in the other posts you write you have to tick the box and it doesn't affect your video posts.

L

Cool. Hope ping.fm approves it so we can start using it ^_^

(I hope you will also create an API-based disqus plugin for b2evo :P hehe... and maybe it is too much to ask - similar to their WP plugin where it can import/export to and fro disqus <-> blog platform ;) [Since I doubt IntenseDebate will cater to any other platform but their own.])

7 Aug 09, 2009 16:36

I guess I have to disable the auto <P> plugin globally because I'm also getting the following error on all my posts, not just the video ones:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5593 bytes) in /hsphere/local/home/jsrivard/blog.rivardweb.com/plugins/_auto_p.plugin.php on line 609

If I disable auto <p> I do not get this error.

I have disabled twitter plugin, as I do not use twitter.

-Joel

8 Aug 09, 2009 19:03

/conf/_advanced.php uncomment the line that mutters about memory limit ;)

¥

9 Aug 10, 2009 03:55

Awesome, thanks, that memory tweak did the trick. Thanks for the help.

-Joel

Form is loading...