Recent Topics

1 Aug 13, 2009 20:30    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello,

I was trying to figure out how to setup a main blogging system in which each user has their own blog, and can only edit specific settings for their blog. They can not set another user as the author or do anything like it. Pretty much, I'd like to use b2evolution as a "blogger.com" type of blog.

Can anyone help me figure out how to set this up.

Sincerely,
Chris

2 Aug 14, 2009 05:29

You can do this pretty much out of the box.

try using the demo site to give this a try. You can create a couple of standard blogs (name each blog w/ a user name) so links would look like b2evolution.net/User1 or something like)

the demo site you can test with and then make this happen in your own site.

3 Aug 14, 2009 14:35

Is there anyway to remove certain privledges for different user groups. Like the Multiple authors section of blog settings, and the Categories tab of blog settings....

4 Aug 14, 2009 14:50

Hi tecktalkcm0391. "Super granular" control like that isn't possible without modifying core files. The thing is the dev team has to make decisions about stuff. In this case if you look at a "Group permissions" subtab and go to "wide" (or is it "advanced"?) you will see that there are already so many check boxes that it doesn't fit a 1024 wide monitor. So a decision had to be made between "every imaginable permissions control" and "should work well for most applicable use cases". Since being like blogger isn't the intent of this software they went with grouping some permissions together. Like for example all the bits that come in when you give "can change blog settings".

Sorry, but I don't have a handy cheat sheet of where to edit to make which bit change.

Oh and I'm only guessing about the dev team decision process. I'm not there so there you go. Seems like a reasonable assumption based on what I do know though.

Form is loading...