Recent Topics

1 Aug 13, 2009 19:52    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi, I am new here. I would like to ask how to avoid anyone from sending emails between members and outsider to members by clicking the members's name on the 'whois online'?

Thanks and appreciate your help.

Rona

2 Aug 13, 2009 19:58

Is there a tick box in the who's online widget preferences that allows you to turn off the contact icon ?

L

3 Aug 13, 2009 20:08

Just for future reference, ALL CAPS looks shit in post titles as well ;)

¥

4 Aug 14, 2009 03:28

Opsss...sorry about the cap :). Doesn't mean too. I don't think it has any :(...is there any whois online widget that has that capability? Thanks for replying.

5 Aug 14, 2009 09:37

Hi. What version of b2evo are you using? I have just check my 2.4.7 and 3.x installs and both of those have the tick box. Are you looking in the plugin settings or the widget settings? You need to look in the widget settings to get the tick box:

Blog Settings -> Widgets

Edit the settings for the Who's On-line widget and you should see it

Lee

6 Aug 14, 2009 18:18

Rona wrote:

Opsss...sorry about the cap :)

No worries.

Years ago, in a vain attempt to stop myself looking like an arse online, I removed the caps lock key from my keyboard .... a habit I continue to this day ... although now I admit to myself that it's not just the caps that make me look an arse :D

¥

7 Aug 15, 2009 02:38

Lee, its working!!! Thanks so much, but....I still have their 'envelope signs' in the comments that they posted in the posts..do you know how can I fix this? I am sorry, I really not a blog savvy :). Thanks in advance.

8 Aug 15, 2009 08:59

Excellent.

There is a tick box in the user settings called 'Message form'. If you untick this then it will remove the ability for registered users to be contacted via the envelope icon next in the comment etc.

There is a tick box on the comment form which allows non registered people to have the envelope icon. Not sure how to remove this one other than take it off the comment form of your skin. Do you need to remove this one also or are non registered users not a problem?

Lee

9 Aug 15, 2009 16:55

Lee, once again you're such a great help! Thanks so much. But this means the member can alter this anytime right? Also means I have to edit all members setting :)...that's like over 1000 members in my blog :)! Hope there is a short cut. Thanks again, I am glad that I asked.

10 Aug 15, 2009 17:59

You can edit your skins files to hide the message icon, you'll also want to edit .... urm .... scratches head /htsrv/_msg_send.php ... or something.

Just add a login check ;)

<?php
if( is_logged_in() )
{
  // show icon/send message
}
?>

¥

Form is loading...