Recent Topics

1 Aug 18, 2009 19:19    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

I've spent quite some time this morning scouring through posts and haven't found an answer to my question.

I currently host multiple blogs via wordpress.com and would like to move all of them to b2e, carrying them in one place. Have I missed something through the dashboard that will allow me to do this?

Thanks!

2 Aug 18, 2009 22:10

Hi and welcome to the forums.
In the 3.3.1 Admin, go to the Tools tab then click on Misc..

WordPress Import ....

You can import contents from your WordPress 2.3 database into your b2evolution database by using Hari's WordPress Importer.

4 Sep 30, 2009 11:34

Hari's Wordpress Importer does not work. I tried to move from my wp blog to my b2 blog and all it did was to delete some blog and user files, spit the dummy and say it couldn't transfer the blogs. Took about two hours to remedy the mess left by the attempt.....still haven't got my wp blogs!

5 Sep 30, 2009 13:54

Well, the importer should be a little bit obsolete now, since it hasn't been updated for a while. What Wordpress version are you using?

6 Sep 30, 2009 15:21

Tblue wrote:

Well, the importer should be a little bit obsolete now, since it hasn't been updated for a while. What Wordpress version are you using?

I'm using 2.8.4 across the boards on my blogs.

I haven't been successful in transferring info either. With the high number of blog posts I have, I definitely won't be copying them by hand.

7 Sep 30, 2009 16:57

Here's an idea for ya. In your new b2evo blog create a blog and call it "older stuff". For the URL, point it to the main index page of the WP installation. That way you don't lose anything old and don't have to sweat importing it with a tool that pretty much has to be made to match wp version and b2evo version.

Depending on how WP works you might want to close commenting across the board, or whatever is reasonably possible.

9 Oct 01, 2009 08:54

EdB wrote:

Here's an idea for ya. In your new b2evo blog create a blog and call it "older stuff". For the URL, point it to the main index page of the WP installation. That way you don't lose anything old and don't have to sweat importing it with a tool that pretty much has to be made to match wp version and b2evo version.

Depending on how WP works you might want to close commenting across the board, or whatever is reasonably possible.

Actually, in my case, my WP blog which was stuffed up due to a corrupted update does not work. That was the reason for moving to b2! I still have my blogs on Cpanel and can access them but not in any manner which will allow me to move them over. Life's a bitch ain't it?

10 Oct 01, 2009 14:12

Well then I think the feed importer won't help either.

I think I know the answer, but do you have a backup of your WP database? If so the obvious answer is to restore it but I suspect you'd have done that already if you did.

Have you asked your host if they have a backup of that database from right before the upgrade attempt crapped it up on you? I think I'm reading that correctly: attempting to upgrade to b2evolution crapped up your WP database. ... which seems odd to me given that you mention how it messed up a couple of blogs. WPMU?

11 Oct 01, 2009 14:13

I'm pretty sure you can restore the WP blog by asking for help on their forums

12 Oct 04, 2009 05:54

Thanks fellas but the problem was that in attempting to update WP the update actually messed up the whole blog. I could not access anything or write to my blog. Since no apparent help was coming from the forums [I found out later that I had posted in the wrong place!] I decided to move to b2. I wanted to move all my old posts from WP to b2 but the suggested programme didn't work!
I believe the process is so complex as to be impossible so I have given up and will start posts from scratch.
Thanks again. :roll:

13 Oct 04, 2009 05:59

Never give up ;)
Can you PM me phpmyadmin credentials for your WP database or a link to SQL dump? I'll try to save your posts

Form is loading...