Recent Topics

1 Aug 20, 2009 13:18    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

This is maybe a dumb question but this is the first time i use b2evolution and now i wanna include b2evolution into my site.
I installed a skin and now i only have home and contact in de menu. How do i add other pages ?

Here is the code dat generated the menu. But where does this get the "Home", "Contact" and "Login" from ?

skin_container( NT_('Menu'), array(
'block_start' => '',
'block_end' => '',
'item_selected_end' => '</li>',
'link_selected_class' => 'current_page_item',
'item_end' => '</li>',
) );

2 Aug 20, 2009 17:48

Hi TBoele. That is not easy to answer but isn't so hard either. The code you pasted is a container. Containers hold widgets. Widgets do stuff. So the list of links comes from a widget placed in the container called "Menu" on the particular blog you happen to see the menu on. You can add or remove widgets to any container that your skin has on any blog in your installation.

See? Both simple and not so simple. :)

To add other pages in your domain that are not b2evolution-powered, you would probably want to use the Free HTML widget. Put your code in the widget after putting the widget in the container. Another way is to edit the appropriate file(s) in your /skins/ OR /skins/yourskin/ folder. (another "sounds simple and complicated at the same time" type of thing eh?)

3 Aug 21, 2009 07:59

Ok i now understand the widget.
But how do i add my own page now.
If i wanna add an about page i found this. I added this to the menu.
<li><a href="../../index.php?disp=about"><b>About</b></a></li>

Now i have About in the menu.
But how do i add the page. I mean where do i have to change something so that the about page is to display ? index.php ?

4 Aug 21, 2009 11:21

You write a blog post and select "page" from the dropdown box for 'type', then put the "pages" widget where you want it to be.

Groovy eh?

http://ahga.org/ - the two links right under the header image are "blog posts with type=page" showing up compliments of the page widget. And now I gotta go make the date not show up. Just noticed that :roll:

Form is loading...