Recent Topics

1 Aug 21, 2009 17:52    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

My blog crashed last night because I got over 300,000 hits yesterday. We are assuming the server is not large enough to handle this kind of traffic and we are wondering is there is specific system requirements for B2E to ensure it runs properly. Currently we are using Dual Xeon 2.6 GHZ processors, 1gb ram running Linux, Apachee, MySql, and Php5. What is suggested to handle this kind of traffic?

Is there any documentation anywhere on system requirements for B2E? We have looked but haven't been able to find any. Also what type of MySQL database are you guys using? Currently I have a INNODB set up. Is there something else better?

Any help would be greatly appreciated I have to figure out how to fix this!

2 Aug 23, 2009 04:07

Yeah - I don't know if there's any documentation on large deployments ... I guess the question would be: what is a large deployment?

I'm sure you've seen this one:
http://manual.b2evolution.net/System_requirements

300,000 hits don't sound too bad. how many hits per minute? what type of pages do you have? if pages are tiny (some text & pics) 800KB - I would say that's pretty standard for a blog w/ pictures.

Perhaps we can use your epxerience to document a 'best practice' document.

3 Sep 09, 2009 01:32

We figured out that a lot of issues were I had 14 posts on the main page and TONS of graphics/ads in the side bars. This had always caused my site to load slowly. I cut the posts back to 8 and cleaned up the side bars and this helped alot. We also set up a proxy server since my site is only updated about 15 times a day and so far it is working like a charm.

I would be happy to help but I don't know how much I would be I am really new to this and just figuring it out as I go!

4 Sep 09, 2009 14:54

300.000 hits per day is great !

How much posts do you have in your(s) blog(s) ?

Are you using mysql 4.x or mysql 5.0 or mysql 5.1 ?
What's the size of the database ?

Innodb is great in term of performance. Sometimes MyISAM is better, sometimes no.

Which version of Apache are you using ? Same question for php.

And which version of b2evolution are you using ?

Form is loading...