Recent Topics

1 Aug 21, 2009 19:22    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Is there a method available currently for allowing replies to individual comments?

3 Aug 21, 2009 19:35

Excellent! Thanks much for the quick response, I think this will put me on the right track. If I add to anything used on that page, I'll be sure to make note of it here.

4 Aug 21, 2009 19:38

If the instructions fail ( I really can't remember when I last updated them ), then let me know and I'll post the current changes in my skin ( I'd *really* need to know your evo version though )

¥

5 Aug 21, 2009 19:45

Not a problem. Let's just say I'm due for an update...

2.4.2 released 4/27/08!

I will probably end up moving up to the latest stable release before working on any tweaks. It wouldn't be prudent to put in the time on something old when I will be moving to a newer version.

Will be putting in the time this weekend, and will post my progress as it comes. Thanks again.

6 Aug 21, 2009 19:58

heh, in that case my current skins changes will work

my blog wrote:

Generator : b2evolution 2.4.2

I also have a cvs/whissip install ( should work in 3.x.stable ), so that's both ends covered ;)

¥

7 Aug 21, 2009 21:04

Hey, quick question:

Decided to mess around with testing the nested comments now, and was about to update the _feedback file...but yo tengo una problema.

You mean those <span style> blocks to be part of a PHP echo statement right? I assume you do, just wasn't sure why it wouldn't be there to begin with.

8 Aug 21, 2009 21:14

Oops, that's how old the instructions are, the <span></span> are from the code highlighter plugin ... they're not meant to be part of the actual code ( treat them like [b]foo=bar[/b] highlighting that's gone tits up ;) )

¥

9 Aug 21, 2009 21:24

lol...OK cool np then.

I have it doing its thing for the most part. Still have to get the indenting working, but I stopped because I noticed an issue. Haven't looked into it yet but thought I'd mention it here before I do:

The links for "reply to", i.e. "Reply to comment by world" don't seem to work properly if the user is a member? That's really a guess at this point, not sure what's affecting it...however two comments from non-members (essentially anon) work properly, but when I post it will show as "Reply to comment by". The user name does not show. I'm going to test out the indenting and then look into that issue.

10 Aug 21, 2009 21:46

In my 3.3.x I get the links to reply to individual comments just fine, but I also get

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/html/wtnh.tv/blogs/plugins/am_nested_comments_plugin/_am_nested_comments.plugin.php on line 107

107 being

if( !( $evoComments = $this->CommentList->result_num_rows ) ) return;	// there are no comments

11 Aug 22, 2009 18:50

i really should just update that post, far less typing in the long run :P

When I get a moment I'll post my 2.4.2 skin changes, and hope it works for you ;)

BaileyWTNH ( WTF does WTNH stand for? ), there's some (plugin) code changes to make it work in 3.x.stable.spam ... and some skin changes of course ... I'll post them when I have chance ;)

¥

12 Aug 22, 2009 22:23

When you have the chance, it would be appreciated.

WTNH is the call-letter designation for the television station I work for in Connecticut, USA. W generally referrs to Eastern U.S. stations, and TNH can either mean Television New Haven or, if I'm having a bad day, Terribly Neurotic Here.

Thanks again.

13 Aug 23, 2009 18:24

W = East ... gotta love Americanism :D

Ok, sorry for the abrupt post but I'm having a busy day and I'm (currently) being harrassed by a ghost about code :O

You can find a 3.x version here @link lp:[url=https://code.launchpad.net/~yabs/astonishme/nested-comments]nested comments[/url] .. there's some example skin files in the release zip ( linked on that page )

I'll post my 2.x skin changes the moment this ghost goes ... well, goes wherever ghosts go when they're not ghosts ( malta & croatia from what I hear ) ;)

¥

14 Aug 24, 2009 12:58

Thanks for the updates. Will install today.

16 Aug 24, 2009 19:13

Hmmm tad weird, could you re-enable the plugin and copy paste the source for the first few comments ?

¥

17 Aug 24, 2009 20:55

You have Tblue to thank for this ... your problem is user error .. blonde user error in this case ;)

the b2evo irc channel wrote:

<Tblue> i fixed it, /methinks.
<Tblue> one line
<Tblue> trying...
<Tblue> yes, works.
<yabs> yay, user error ?
<Tblue> _item_comment.inc.php, remove line 41
<Tblue> and move call to Comment::anchor()
<yabs> ack ... you know what's worst?
<Tblue> tell me :P
<yabs> I remember moving that line waaaaaaaay ago becuase it was in an illogical position :P
<Tblue> :D
<Tblue> so, problem solved
<Tblue> no, not the A Team, the B2e team!
<Tblue> </bad joke>
<yabs> html ( default install <a name="#"link"</a><div id="shit that it applies to"></div> <--- makes it a bitch to add jquery stuff easily ;) )
<yabs> lol, yeah, looks like :D
<yabs> the bad news is, you have 2 less core bugs to fix :D

¥

19 Aug 25, 2009 15:47

Looks like the same thing Tblue found ;)

Crack open the sample _item_comment.inc.php and look for a section of code that's similar to this ( approx 23 -> 42 ) and comment out the echo $params['comment_start']; at the end

/**
 * @var Comment
 */
$Comment = & $params['Comment'];

// nested comments part 2
	if( !$Plugins->trigger_event( 'CommentStart', $temp = array(
				'Comment' => & $Comment,
				'comment_start' => $params['comment_start'],
			) ) )
	{ // no plugins want to handle this
		echo $params['comment_start'];
	}
?>
<!-- ========== START of a COMMENT/TB/PB ========== -->
<?php
	$Comment->anchor();
//	echo $params['comment_start'];
	// /nested comments part 2
?>

¥

20 Aug 26, 2009 14:39

Yep. That took care of the nesting. Now I need to style those buttons. Thanks.

22 Aug 27, 2009 10:45

This plugin does pretty much what I need. Quick question - if you reply to a reply, does it send an email to the author of the original reply letting them know someone's replied to their reply (oh god, just reading that question made my head hurt, I apologise!)? :)

Cheers,
Max

23 Aug 27, 2009 10:53

This plugin doesn't send out any emails, but it doesn't interfere with evo emails either ;)

¥

24 Aug 27, 2009 11:20

Righto - a subtle way of telling me this is built into b2evo ;) But it requires a user to subscribe to the post/comments - is there an automated way of doing it so it doesn't require the commenter to subscribe?

Max

25 Aug 27, 2009 11:54

AFAIK you can only subscribe to replies to your own posts using b2evo.

I've got a subscriptions plugin as well, but this hasn't been tested in 3.x yet ..... and I forget where I last left the files :P

¥

Form is loading...