Recent Topics

1 Aug 28, 2009 20:53    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

I have just installed brand new B2Evo and have only one issue. When creating a post I click on a smilie in the toolbar and all that happens is a blank line inserts at the top of the screen. I do not get a smilie inserted into the post! I use IE8 and have tried to use IE7 compatibility mode to not avail. In Firefox it inserts the appropriate text into the post but not the actual smilie and when I preview it in firefox all that is there is the text ie the quote and bracket but no smilie. Is there something wrong or am I missing the boat on how the toolbar/smilies are supposed to work and why do they not work with IE8?

2 Aug 29, 2009 14:25

When your using Preview, are you able to see the smilie ?

3 Aug 29, 2009 15:22

I cannot see the smilies in the preview as nothing is ever inserted into the post. As I said all that happens the first time I click on one is the page shifts down 1 line and that is it.

4 Aug 29, 2009 20:19

You might need the (patented copyrighted trademarked) CORRUPTED FILE SLEDGEHAMMER REPAIR KIT by EdB.

It goes like this: IF you have a corrupted file there is almost no way to tell which one and where in the process of getting it to your server it got bonked. So replace shedloads of files from a brand new source and you might just fix it. If not you'll know lots of stuff that isn't the problem ;)

So grab a brand new copy of the package .zip and unzip it on your computer. At your server DELETE the /inc/ and /plugins/ and /skins_adm/ folders. Now upload fresh copies of those folders from the package you just unzipped. Those three folders seem related to your problem is why I picked them. inc does everything, smilies is a plugin, and skins_adm makes the back office pages.

If it helps I hereby grant eternal lifetime license to you and anyone you might ever know and anyone who reads this license to use the (patented copyrighted trademarked) CORRUPTED FILE SLEDGEHAMMER REPAIR KIT as often as need be on the condition that you use it for good and not evil.

Form is loading...