Recent Topics

1 Aug 30, 2009 01:36    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I just downloaded b2evolution to my existing website. When clicking on one of the example blogs to view the entire blog entry that come with the application I get the following error:

CGI Error
The specifield CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

I loaded the application in my cgi-bin folder on my server and I activated CGI support on my server.

To see the problem for yourself:
http://www.workoutsondemand.com/cgi-bin/blogs

Click on any of the sample blogs and it should take you to the error page I mentioned.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 Aug 30, 2009 02:35

Hi pascalevdb. I'm not seeing any error message when I hit your blogs so I guess you got it sorted out?

By the way you didn't need to put b2evo in your cgi-bin folder or activate cgi support to run this thing. Any folder (including root level) is good enough as long as conf/_basic_config.php reflects the path to your installation. In fact you don't even need to have it in a "blogs" folder - just all the files that are in "blogs" needs to be in the path you want.

3 Aug 30, 2009 02:55

Hi and thanks for your response.

Hummm, Im still getting the errors. I have tried two different browsers, firefox and safari. Its only coming up once you click on an entry. I just tried the two at the top: This is a test and the one below it and it didn't work for me.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

4 Aug 30, 2009 03:05

Ah okay that's a bit different. I clicked on blogs and didn't see the problem. Clicking on a single post shows the error. I dunno anything about cgi stuff but I'm gonna guess the problem has something to do with cgi trying to do something when it is totally not required.

Try moving the /blogs/ folder out of your /cgi-bin/ folder then editing /conf/_basic_config.php file to have a new $baseurl value, and seeing what you get?

5 Aug 30, 2009 03:21

Actually, I first had it outside of the /cgi-bin folder. I contacted my tech. support for my server and they told me to move it there. The problem is the same between both locations.

6 Aug 30, 2009 03:27

pascalevdb wrote:

Actually, I first had it outside of the /cgi-bin folder. I contacted my tech. support for my server and they told me to move it there. The problem is the same between both locations.

They're wrong. None of my installations are in a cgi folder, and I have no idea what activating cgi support even means.

Dunno what the cure is though.

Here's something that might be worth a shot: on your admin page go to "Blog Settings -> pick a blog -> URLs" and change all the options to the version that looks like parameters instead of faking up folder paths. So you get something.php?blog=X&cat=Y for example instead of lots of slashes simulating folders. The thing is there is a trick to making "looks like folders" work that has to be done at the server level. So maybe your server doesn't know the trick? IF that helps then check out the sample.htaccess folder and consider moving whatever bit inside is for making 'clean' URLs work into your existing .htaccess file.

7 Aug 30, 2009 19:29

my, my, my --- that worked! Thank you. I really appreciate your time and thoughts.

Form is loading...