Recent Topics

1 Aug 30, 2009 02:21    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

cant log onto blog all of sudden, soi cant post? dont remember userid, or password. (excuse typos and shorthand - no pun intended -- i'm typing with a broken wrist from skating fall), thx, marcia

2 Aug 30, 2009 02:28

Your username and password are whatever you entered in your conf folder, _basic_config.php

3 Aug 30, 2009 02:38

Actually that file contains database connection bits. Each username and password aren't stored in any file - just the database. Do you have access to the database mamaglee? If so look for a table named something like evo_users and browse it to get your username. Or if you have many users to get a list of them and hopefully remember which is yours. Then use that login name to have your login page send you a new password.

That depends on what version you have. For older versions you can reset your password in the database by changing it to "cabbage". There is a sticky post around here somewhere that tells you how to do that.

4 Aug 30, 2009 04:08

the _basic_cinfig.php shows the same user & password I've brrn entering all afternoon. Then I put the user name for an email for forgotten password, and 3 hrs laterstill have not gotten an email reply. also, i enter my password of say 8 characters, and hit submit, and the password field shows about 25*************** asterisks brfore I get the incorrect user/password display. Is something wrong on your end? thx, mamaglee

5 Aug 30, 2009 04:20

That file does not contain your login credentials! The names and password in there are for your database. The only way to get your username to login with is to look at the database. With the login name you can get a new password. As I said above.

The extra-long asterisk thing is just dumb. For some reason it decides to do some sort of javascript thing to the password before actually sending the form, and it shows you the end result of what it does. I have no idea why. Heck I'm not even sure its a javascript thing but since it is client-side it sure ain't php ;)

Nothing wrong on my end :)

6 Aug 30, 2009 04:28

not sure i have access to the database, how would i know? where should i lok. it's just me and my personal site - no others have access. thx again, m

7 Aug 30, 2009 04:37

mamaglee wrote:

not sure i have access to the database, how would i know? where should i lok. it's just me and my personal site - no others have access. thx again, m

Through your web host. Typically through "cpanel" you would use a tool called "phpmyadmin" so you could select your database (the database name is in that file), then click on the table name (probably evo_users), then click on something like "browse". If you never let people register on your web then you are the only user in that table, so you will be able to see your login name and the email addy you used when you set up your blog.

Hey did you randomly try 'admin' at the screen for lost password?

8 Aug 30, 2009 04:52

admin got me in i mean admin for user, not password

9 Aug 30, 2009 05:05

thx 4 prompt n detailed help. mamaglee

Form is loading...