Recent Topics

1 Sep 11, 2009 19:13    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I recently upgraded B2Evolution on <a href = "www.mypalmike.com">my site</a>. My site might be different from others in a couple ways:

1. I heavily modify every entry after it was initially published.
2. The image in every entry is central to the entry. The text of the entry alone makes little sense without the image (although text-only works reasonably well for rss feeds).

In older versions of the software, the archives showed the actual entries. Perfect. The img tags are displayed, and my updates are shown. Bravo, perfect.

In the current version, 3.3.1, archives are apparently based on the "excerpt" field, which I believe is intended for text feeds. This is completely unworkable for me for 2 reasons: a) there is nothing but text in the excerpt (i.e. no image) and b) the excerpt has to be manually updated (i.e. excerpt auto-generation does not occur after the initial publication), which is tedious and error-prone.

Is there a way to return to the old behavior as an option for those of us who want archives to look like archives rather than text-only rss feeds?

Thanks,
mypalmike

3 Sep 13, 2009 09:37

Awesome. That's a million times better.

But... paging doesn't seem to work for archives. e.g. If you page at 7 posts and look at a month that has more than 7 posts, there's no way to view anything but the first page.

And, the excerpts don't get auto-updated when the post is edited. Maybe there's a setting for that. Maybe it's in the rather unrelated SEO page. :-)

Thanks,
Michael

4 Sep 13, 2009 14:33

mypalmike wrote:

But... paging doesn't seem to work for archives. e.g. If you page at 7 posts and look at a month that has more than 7 posts, there's no way to view anything but the first page.

I fixed this a while ago (works in CVS HEAD, at least).

And, the excerpts don't get auto-updated when the post is edited. Maybe there's a setting for that. Maybe it's in the rather unrelated SEO page. :-)

The excerpt only gets autogenerated if you don't enter one.

5 Nov 05, 2009 17:43

Well, I did get this working without having to use pre-release code. Paging works fine if you set the URLs to "use extra path".

Of course, I found out the hard way that "use extra path" requires stub php files, but now my multi-blog setup works better than before.

Form is loading...