Recent Topics

1 Sep 19, 2009 03:32    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello. I'm trying to publish my blog on Kindle. Amazon won't validate the feed. I've tried the Atom, the RSS, and the Feedburner. The message I get is:

Validation Failed.

The address is not valid or contains errors. Please verify and try again or view help.

www.nelsonguirado.com

2 Sep 19, 2009 03:49

This is what the instructions say. I've never had a problem with feeds before:

In most cases the url (or web address) of your blog can be used by the system to construct the feed url. This is particularly true if your blog was created using Typepad, Wordpress or other tools such as Google’s Blogger. Start by adding the url into the appropriate field and try to validate your feed. If your feed is validated, then you have completed this part of the process. If not, then please check the following requirements:

* The blog feed should be a full text, well formed XML feed.
* The feed should be a valid ATOM or RSS feed.
* If the feed has videos or user-generated links, like Reddit, DIGG and Technorati you don’t need to do anything, but they will be removed for the Kindle version. Please use the preview functionality to make sure you are satisfied with the output.
* If the feed has advertisements and promotional links you may not need to do anything, but they will be removed for the Kindle version. Please use the preview functionality to make sure you are satisfied with the output.

You may find it useful to read a little about ATOM and RSS feeds if you have not been able to validate your feed at this point.

3 Sep 19, 2009 03:53

Have you tried your feeds in http://validator.w3.org/feed/ ? There shouldn't be a problem, or at least the last time I checked mine there wasn't, but it won't hurt to validate. If it validates then kindle has the problem, whatever kindle is. If not then something most certainly needs fixing, but the validator *should* say exactly what the problem is.

4 Sep 19, 2009 03:56

Thanks. Kindle is that Amazon electronic book thingie.

5 Sep 19, 2009 04:05

It's doesn't validate. I get what's below for

http://www.nelsonguirado.com/index.php/Military/?tempskin=_rss2

this one doesn't have podcasts, which show as errors on some of my other feeds.
:

This feed does not validate.

line 405, column 0: XML parsing error: <unknown>:406:61: junk after document element [help]

</rss>

In addition, interoperability with the widest range of feed readers could be improved by implementing the following recommendations.

line 17, column 0: description should not contain object tag [help]

<description>&lt;div class=&quot;videoblock&quot;&gt;&lt;object type=& ...

line 20, column 0: description should not contain script tag (10 occurrences) [help]

&lt;script type=&quot;text/javascript&quot; language=&quot;javascrip ...

line 27, column 0: content:encoded should not contain object tag [help]

<content:encoded><![CDATA[<div class="videoblock"><object type="applicati ...

line 30, column 0: content:encoded should not contain script tag (8 occurrences) [help]

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">

6 Sep 19, 2009 12:45

Well, there IS junk after the document end, probably added by your host (or a cracker?). Not b2evolution's fault.

7 Sep 19, 2009 18:27

Really. I was hacked recently, but I cleared everything out. I wonder what the source is.

8 Sep 19, 2009 18:30

It's in all your pages

¥

9 Sep 19, 2009 19:24

If someone needs a little work, I'd appreciate them clearing it out.

11 Sep 20, 2009 00:11

Also assuming you have a local copy of your files you could use an FTP program and compare date stamps and/or file size. Somewhere there has to be a file on your server that is newer and slightly bigger than the one on your computer.

If you have no local copy I'd FTP all the files down to my computer, then use something like "Agent Ransack" to search the entire installation for "visibility:hidden" and get the bad file that way.

12 Sep 20, 2009 09:37

The index.php on the server was bigger. Hackers bug.

13 Sep 20, 2009 09:40

By the way, people inserting code into my files has happened twice. The latest one put a folder d called "CVS" into each B2 directory. Is there a way to stop this? All of the folders are set to 755.

14 Sep 23, 2009 00:58

With 755 it seems odd. Did you change passwords between invasions? Have you talked to your host about this?

Form is loading...