Recent Topics

1 Sep 21, 2009 11:56    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi !
Wifey got this today on one of her blogs:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: preg_match() in /home/username/public_html/conf/_advanced.php on line 117

That's it...nothing else.

We have other blogs working just fine, same server/code (2.4.6).
I've cleared cache.
I've copied over index.php from a going blog, same thing.

Only mitigating factor: we moved webhosts a month ago. But this is a blog that isn't used much, so unsure when it failed.

Googling the error turns up a lot of instances of badly compiled PHP...but the other blogs are working, so that's not it.

Any ideas?

2 Sep 22, 2009 13:32

I've found that it has something to do with the domain name handling for that one particular subdomain. If I change the URL handling to be anything OTHER THAN subdomain or absolute, then we can get the site. It must be to do with the mod_rewrite function I am guessing...the new host we are on uses LiteSpeed webserver instead of Apache. It's faster, but we seem to have a few weird issues cropping up.

I still cannot understand how other blogs, that were configured absolutely identically apart from the name, never had any issue.

3 Sep 23, 2009 03:00

On a hunch, I removed the htaccess file for this particular blog/subdomain...and it fixed it. So something in the Litespeed Server isn't 100% happy with the htaccess that used to work with Apache. Good grief. :roll:

4 Sep 23, 2009 18:40

Glad you solved it cos I was buggered if I had an answer ;)

¥

Form is loading...