Recent Topics

1 Sep 25, 2009 04:11    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

There is probably something simple I aqm missing, but I am recovering from eye surgery, and my research skills are limited right now!

I am using two skins (one on my main blog site, and one on my individual blog), and with both I have included the XML Feeds widgit in the right sidebar. The widit appears OK, with the "XML Feeds" label, and the "What is RSS" link, but nothing else. There are no feed choices listed below. I've been thru all the settings in the Admin screens, and tried looking into various files in the skins folder, but nothing works. What am I missing??

Thanks,

Dave

2 Sep 25, 2009 04:19

just a guess Dave...
in the Admin, Blog Settings, Features do you have the settings under RSS/Atom feeds ticked to show feeds etc...

3 Sep 25, 2009 04:26

Yes, for both blogs the settings are Standard post contents & 8 posts.

Dave

John wrote:

just a guess Dave...
in the Admin, Blog Settings, Features do you have the settings under RSS/Atom feeds ticked to show feeds etc...

4 Sep 25, 2009 04:35

Ok... do you have the folder "xmlsrv" uploaded to your server, with the rest of the standard installation folders?

5 Sep 25, 2009 04:56

I'm assuming your blog is "The Boomer Blog"

In the header tags ( View Source) you have....

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS 2.0" href="" />
	<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Atom" href="" />
 	<link rel="EditURI" type="application/rsd+xml" title="RSD" href="http://www.boomer-blog.com/xmlsrv/rsd.php?blog=1" />

so the issue seems to be with your RSS 2.0 and Atom feeds.
RSD shows up fine

6 Sep 25, 2009 04:58

I have the following:
http://www.desautel.net/images/Untitled.jpg
boomer-blog is my B2Evolution installed directory.

Dave

John wrote:

Ok... do you have the folder "xmlsrv" uploaded to your server, with the rest of the standard installation folders?

7 Sep 25, 2009 05:03

Yet, in the right sidebar there are no links under "XML Feeds" except the "What is RSS" link. I assume there should be a link for each type of feed??

Dave

John wrote:

I'm assuming your blog is "The Boomer Blog"

In the header tags ( View Source) you have....

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS 2.0" href="" />
	<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Atom" href="" />
 	<link rel="EditURI" type="application/rsd+xml" title="RSD" href="http://www.boomer-blog.com/xmlsrv/rsd.php?blog=1" />

so the issue seems to be with your RSS 2.0 and Atom feeds.
RSD shows up fine

8 Sep 25, 2009 05:21

1. What appears under Global Settings -> Skins, are the feed skins listed? ie _sitemap, Atom, RSS2

2. What happens if you change your skin?

9 Sep 25, 2009 05:43

Thanks! Problem solved! The feed skins were not installed for some reason.

Dave

John wrote:

1. What appears under Global Settings -> Skins, are the feed skins listed? ie _sitemap, Atom, RSS2

2. What happens if you change your skin?

10 Sep 25, 2009 05:58

Great, I was running out of questions :)

Form is loading...