Recent Topics

1 Sep 27, 2009 13:42    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

Hi,
Is it possible to allow users to create a new post?

2 Sep 27, 2009 16:35

Hi DJ Drew.

Yes, very. What you need to do though is give them permissions ... or ownership of a blog. But start with permissions I guess cuz that's all I know about.

On your Blog settings tab pick a blog you want them to post in, then on one of the subtabs there should be something to check for "use advanced permissions". That will cause two new tabs to appear: User perms and Group perms. From either of those tabs you can set up permissions in that blog for what you want either that user or users in that group to be able to do.

Search the forums or the manual for 'permissions' and you should get lots of info about it.

4 Sep 27, 2009 20:50

I can't see that page of course because it sends me to the registration form, but I'll take a guess on the solution. One of the bits for Group perms (and probably User perms) is "visible link to admin area" or something like that. Most groups default to 'no access' which forbids stuff. So change that to either hidden or visible link. Probably best is visible link eh?

I think hidden is for like when you don't want the link to ever show but people who have permission know how to bookmark/favorite a page. Anyway I always tell it 'visible link' if it is a multi-author environment.

Form is loading...