Recent Topics

1 Sep 28, 2009 17:53    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

Installed v3.3.1 on a w2k server, and everything seems fine except I can't get thumbnails to display (including thumbnails of images that came with the application, like b2evolution's logo). The links are OK (clicking on the placeholder produces a full size image), but no thumbnails. This is universal across all pages in the application. Saw suggestions in FAQs to chmod 777, but of course that only makes sense in a Linux/Unix environment.

It looks like getfile.php distinguishes between the way it handles full files and thumbnails... is there a bug here, or did I just set something up wrong?

Any suggestions?

2 Sep 28, 2009 19:29

You normally don't have write permissions problems on windows ... but, you may need to allow iis_webuser ( or whatever it's called .. been a few years ), to the group that can write to the folders

Can you upload images (via b2evo) and see the full size image?

¥

3 Sep 28, 2009 19:40

I suspect it is not really a permissions issue, partly because "Everyone" has full access to the entire directory tree (pretty much like a 777), and partly because we are just trying to read the file, not write to the directory. And the file "reads" (displays) perfectly when you click on the placeholder, so the file itself does not seem to be an issue. This happens even with the included Monument Valley pics that came with the application.
Is that what you meant by "upload[ing] images... to see the full image"? Or did I misunderstand your question?

4 Sep 28, 2009 19:49

To see an example, please go to http://www.warehousefulfillment.net/blog1.php
and note the placeholder instead of a thumbnail. This placeholder is in fact the b2evolution logo that came with the installation package, and if you click on it you can see the full size image.

6 Sep 28, 2009 22:01

Thank you, that fixed the problem!

Form is loading...