Recent Topics

1 Oct 04, 2009 11:49    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I have been using b2evolution for months and suddenly I receive the following message at login. "Either you have not enabled cookies or this login window has expired".
No changes on my PC and I have replicated the problem on 2 different PCs in both IE and Firefox.
Help!
Details I last updated a post 1 week ago, normal logon and logoff, no password change. Today I cannot logon.
I am using a hosted service using Cpanel and Fantastico De Luxe to install and manage my blogs.
b2evolution V 2.4.5
Firefox V 3.0.14 (I upgraded to 3.5.3 to see if that improved)
IE 7 (alternate web browser.)
Cookies are enabled. (yes triple checked)
All repeatable on a second PC.
I have changed the line $instance_name = 'something'; // MUST BE A SINGLE WORD! NO SPACES!!in _advanced.php. This was suggested in other support areas.
When I look at the cookie it shows a date in 2019, it has not expired, although why it shows a date 10 years in the future is confusing me. I thought that the default was 1 year ahead. Deleted it anyway, closed browser, opened browser and still no go.
Changing password gives me an e-mail link and the following when I follow the link.
"You have to use the same session (by means of your session cookie) as when you have requested the action. Please try again... "
Also tried cutting and pasting that link into the browser session.
A bit stuck ideas are welcome.

2 Oct 04, 2009 17:03

Check that you're not trying to login to www.foo.tld when your baseurl is set to foo.tld ( and vice versa )

¥

3 Oct 05, 2009 11:59

Getting desperate now. Have backed up and am about to blow away the installation.
Suspect that some of the code is corrupt or possibly hacked.

4 Oct 05, 2009 14:07

Coincidentally my hosting company updated the installation packages in cpanel so that I could upgrade to b2evolution 3.3.1.
I upgraded and it didn't help. However I decided to install a second instance. The blog on the new instance works fine.
So I have eliminated the Cookies as a source of the problem. It is something in my installation.

5 Oct 07, 2009 21:24

It happened to me too.

Besides that I am mostly using Chrome. but I got it to work on Firefox again and IE8 too since I disabled all features of keeping data in the cache. Maybe disabling the cache features of your browser may help you solve your problem too.

However sometimes I still have to enter the login twice, the first time it will give me above error message, but the second time it will work ok. Seems there is something true about the "expired".

Good luck and don´t give up!

6 Oct 08, 2009 13:14

De-installed the site and re-created it. Currently I am restoring from backups and it is working fine again.
A corruption somewhere is my best guess, maybe I was hacked? Hard to tell. The unfortunate thing is that my backup was done before the upgrade and it doesn't restore easily as the database tables changed slightly.

7 Oct 08, 2009 20:42

Pm me a login that fails and a url I can login at ;)

Note : I'm a smidge busy until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest

¥

8 Oct 09, 2009 10:32

¥åßßå wrote:

Pm me a login that fails and a url I can login at ;)

Note : I'm a smidge busy until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest

¥

Thanks for the offer, but the site has been taken down and I am rebuilding it from backups. A clean install has removed the problem. There is no site that experiences the problem that you can log into any more.

9 Oct 09, 2009 22:00

Any fix that works is a step forward ;)

¥

Form is loading...