Recent Topics

1 Oct 16, 2009 00:41    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Please help! My husband has forgotten his username and password so he cannot get in to update his blog, and it's driving him (and me!) crazy! We're not the most techno savvy of people although we don't do too badly...the problem is also that he has a bunch of e-mail addresses, and we've tried to get info sent to any of these, still no luck. Is there some (easy) way he can retrieve this info? I've also checked all his e-mail accounts to see if he received an e-mail when he signed up, but can't find one with his info.

Help would be gratefully appreciated!!

2 Oct 16, 2009 01:20

username and password is either created when you install b2evolution, or when you sign up for someone else's blog. Is this your own installation? If so you should search these forums for 'cabbage' because there is an FAQ that will tell you how to change your password to cabbage. If not the only thing is to go to the login page and tell it you lost your password, where you will need to know your login username. So that path is out.

Okay got it. If you registered on someone else's blog then all you have to do is contact them and tell them you forgot your stuff. Ideally you would be able to point to a post or comment you made, then hope they buy the "I forgot everything but want you to give me someone's username and password" story. Which, quite frankly, would sound to me like something I would ignore.

Much easier if this is your own installation eh?

3 Oct 16, 2009 01:54

It's my husband's blog. When he created it he used the same login info (username and p/w) as he used for his website. (As did I, and I can log into my blog just fine). For some reason now he can't use the same info, keeps getting error messages, and when he puts in his username and requests a p/w to be sent to his e-mail address, he doesn't get anything in any of his e-mail inboxes. Unless for some reason the p/w info is being delayed, we can't figure this out. He will probably need to create a new blog and is unhappy about this...

4 Oct 16, 2009 03:27

So http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=13945 should be what you need, unless your files are corrupted in some way.

So ... does the installation work in terms of visitors can see stuff? Like, is the only problem that hubby can't log in? Is your blog and his blog different domain names, or different blogs on the same domain/installation?

Do you have backup copies of all the files from back when everything worked? Do you have a backup of your database from back when everything worked? A wee bit early to jump on "guess I have to start over" is where I'm at on this. Such as first let's make sure you really can't get the current blog contents recovered in some way before he opts to kiss it goodbye and start shacking up with some new (younger, prettier) installation down the street. Instead of going to work like a responsible person would. Or so I read somewhere. Probably wikipedia cuz they know everything.

5 Oct 16, 2009 04:08

Thanks, we'll check it out.

Visitors to his blog have no problem reading it, he just can't log in. Also, he and I have different domains and separate blogs so that's not the problem. I don't think he has a backup of any of the files...I told him he's jumping the gun by wanting to start over, so we'll try that link you gave me and see how that goes.

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated!!

Form is loading...