Recent Topics

1 Oct 27, 2009 23:52    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

I've been trying to install 3.3.1 on a couple of domains with no joy.
The installer doesn't seem to recognise the _basic_config.php. which maybe isn't surprising as the file is now called _basic_config.template.php. So I tried renaming it because I found a post by Edb which said that it was only named that to avoid overwriting during upgrading. But without success.
So before I revert to 2.4.7, I wondered if anyone has any thoughts.

2 Oct 28, 2009 05:44

- Leave the _basic_config.template.php in place
- Upload your old _basic_config.php

What error message do you get? If it still doesn't see your credentials, just retype them manually and let the installer save the new file.

You may want to set perms to 666 for _basic_config.php

The actual error (if any) you get would help.

3 Oct 28, 2009 11:42

sam2kb wrote:

- Leave the _basic_config.template.php in place
- Upload your old _basic_config.php

What error message do you get? If it still doesn't see your credentials, just retype them manually and let the installer save the new file.

You may want to set perms to 666 for _basic_config.php

The actual error (if any) you get would help.

Thank you sam2kb. I don't know why that worked but it did. I didn't have an old _basic_config.php file as it was a new install, so I uploaded a new one from a 2.4.7 download and manually entered the database and base URL details. And hey presto - success!
I like the look of this 3.3.1 so much (particularly the ability to add metas for each post) that I am now going to consider upgrading my old blogs running on 2.4.7 so I can foresee more problems ahead.
Thanks again.

Form is loading...