Recent Topics

1 Nov 01, 2009 04:20    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi

I installed the latest build and installation went pretty much OK , Went into admin all seems fine, but when I tried to access blog1.php or 2 or 3 etc I get the message from firefox

The page isn't redirecting properly Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

cleared cookies, cache etc..

I tried other browsers IE7, and Chrome which gave me the following error

This webpage has a redirect loop.

The webpage has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing
third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue
and not a problem with your computer.Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

IE7 did the same, so I suspect the problem is in the installation, However
everything seemed fine, I changed Directory permissions etc all Ok there. > and I did not change any of the php files.
so that puts me in the clear as to code problems.

Re .htaccess, I could not change name so I removed it, as per instructions.

Need a starting point , Any info on this that might help me ??

Thanks so much

Tony

2 Nov 02, 2009 18:27

IIRC this is caused by relative redirects ... buggered if I can remember the file though .... search for "function header_redirect (" in /conf/_core/ and then follow the notes to make them absolute ;)

¥

3 Nov 03, 2009 00:52

Thank you, I found the function at .. /inc/_core/template.funcs.php, but could not get out of the loop

I do not understand how I got into this redirect loop in the first place , it does not seem that this has been an issue before with any of the users.

Thanks

Tony

4 Jan 10, 2010 05:42

I'm getting the same issue:
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

admin.php?ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&ctrl=items&action=edit&p=278&redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2F %2Findex.php%3Fblog%3D1%23item_278

I don't know if this matters but this is hosted in godaddy.com

Form is loading...