Recent Topics

1 Nov 11, 2009 19:11    

The filtering for search referrers is not as accurate as 2.x. 2.x was missing the Bing hits (to be expected, since Bing is new). 3.3.x filters those, but is leaving in a lot of international google hits (google.com.xx) and image.google.com hits.

Where is the URL filter list stored? How is it maintained?

Also It should be Referred browser hits for the header of the tab and Referred b-hits for the tab label itself. They are both misspelled in different ways. :)

2 Nov 11, 2009 19:21

The list of search engines urls can be configured in /conf/_stats.php

Please share your mods so we can include them in the next release :)

3 Nov 12, 2009 06:06

Great, Thanks! I'm working on refining the list a bit based on what has been showing up in my logs.

Having uploaded my new _stats.php I am guessing the filtering occurs as the hits come in rather than when the page is loaded, right? Once I have it in use a bit, I'll upload it or something so it can work its way back in.

4 Nov 13, 2009 22:43

I've updated this & tested it. How should I go about providing it to you folks?

Thanks!

5 Nov 13, 2009 23:29

MaxHedrm wrote:

Having uploaded my new _stats.php I am guessing the filtering occurs as the hits come in rather than when the page is loaded, right?

That's right.

I've updated this & tested it. How should I go about providing it to you folks?

You could paste it on http://php.pastebin.com and give us the link. Or upload the entire file somewhere and do the same. :)

Thanks for your effort!

7 Nov 14, 2009 12:54

Mostly OT, but "Refered browser hits" is properly spelled according to the internet. Why an obviously improper spelling was made the standard is beyond me, but a referrer actually is a referer in the web standards.

8 Dec 07, 2009 03:37

OK, these lines have been added to CVS (b2evo v4)

Thanks.

9 Dec 07, 2009 11:30

This may be a daft question (I'm good at those), but would the list of browsers/robots/rss readers etc not be better fed from a database source, where this could be dynamically updated along the lines of the spam blacklist? I realise that's rather different than handling the stats filtering, but maybe it could be the start of being able to deal with the multiple 'unknowns' that I'm seeing these days. Somehow, updating the _stats.php file feels a bit reactive.

10 Dec 07, 2009 11:38

2nd question - would I be right in thinking that I could update my b2e v2.4.7 _stats.php file to align with MaxHedrm's revised version without a problem?

11 Dec 08, 2009 17:23

Yes, ideally it would be in the database, but it's not a priority on the todo list.

I'm not sure about replacing the whole file but you can definitely add/change the highlighted lines.

Form is loading...