Recent Topics

1 Nov 14, 2009 05:27    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

An unexpected error has occured!

If this error persists, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page
Additional information about this error:

MySQL error!

Error establishing a database connection!

(Access denied for user me@localhost (using password: YES))

1. Are you sure you have typed the correct user/password?
2. Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
3. Are you sure that the database server is running?

I have found other threads but none explain in DETAIL how to fix this using small words I can understand.

Thank you in advance. Everyone here has always been a big help!

2 Nov 14, 2009 12:59

New installation? If so then the three questions it asks are about as plain as it can be. http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=19961 MIGHT be helpful?

If not a new installation then does your blog still work? Can you access your database through your host's cpanel? If so can you see if it looks broken or not?

3 Nov 17, 2009 04:27

Thanks for the reply. It is not a new install, 'bout a year old. I cannot access my blog in any way. I can access the database MySQL from my Cpanel, but I have no idea what I am looking at. I'm sorry to sound so dense. I suppose if I cannot understand the basics and fix minor problems then maybe I should not be using b2evo until I get better. I am able to use my wysiwyg site building software but even after a year I am very much a novice. I just can't understand why all of a sudden all of my b2evo pages would give that error message and not even allow me to get to the log-in page. I appreciate any help. I will read the thread you directed me to.

Thank You

4 Nov 17, 2009 06:45

Replace "localhost" with IP "127.0.0.1" in /conf/_basic_config.php

5 Nov 18, 2009 05:19

Okay you guys ROCK! Problem solved. Thank you so much for telling me where exactly to find the line of code I needed to edit. The password in there was wrong. I didn't know that my Cpanel password was the same as my mysql password. Can you say Nooooooob?!?! :oops: Thanks again guys. I am back in business.

Form is loading...