Recent Topics

1 Nov 14, 2009 18:49    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

This week, all of the sudden the rendering of my main blog page has changed. I thought perhaps some setting had changed in my browser (Firefox), but I've verified in two other browsers (Safari, IE) that the rendering has changed, so that cannot be the issue. Specifically the sidebar is now rendering below the main entries, and the normal background color is no longer white on the entries. This affects only the main page. It doesn't affect anything on previous pages or when I try to view only one post.

The weird thing is that I have made NO adjustments whatsoever to the skins or any other blog settings for more than a month. (I just double checked file-change dates, and none have been adjusted since September in the skins section.) I'm the only one with admin privileges. I'm beginning to suspect that there was file corruption on the server that hosts me.

Just now I restored from skins/evopress to the server from my local copy. Nothing changes. I'm entirely perplexed.

I'm running b2evolution-2.4.2-stable-2008-04-27. My URL is http://shininghappypeople.net/rwotd/. Does any one have any thoughts about what is going on?

2 Nov 14, 2009 19:34

You made a new post yesterday though ;)

¥

3 Nov 14, 2009 19:39

¥åßßå wrote:

You made a new post yesterday though ;)

Certainly standard postings were made this week, but nothing in the skins. I'm currently looking over the entries themselves for anomalous code.

4 Nov 14, 2009 19:56

Your latest post has "</div>" after the picture caption ... chances are it's a good post to be looking at

¥

5 Nov 14, 2009 20:11

¥åßßå wrote:

Your latest post has "</div>" after the picture caption ... chances are it's a good post to be looking at

Ah, now that was a good hint. The "</div>" was the closing tag from the image block, which I've used regularly before. It was immediately preceded by "www.rudata.ru" in plain text. Apparently there was some part of the rendering agent that didn't like that combo. Once I wrapped the url in normal anchor tags, everything went back to normal.

Thanks! I appreciate your help!

Form is loading...