Recent Topics

1 Nov 17, 2009 22:08    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

I'm installing a new 3.3.1 b2evolution blog but I can't change locale to es-VE (spanish from Venezuela).
I uploaded an old es-VE locale file but no matter what I do, I ju'st can't get the locale to change...

For the first time in many years b2evolution is driving me really crazy!

2 Nov 22, 2009 03:29

Hi gcasanova. What do you mean "can't change"? Like, do you select it and save only it doesn't actually save it, or you change it and save it and it says it saved it but it doesn't act like it?

Plus even though you're probably completely aware, existing blogs and posts won't change when you change the installation locale. Each of those would have to be handled on their own.

3 Nov 22, 2009 03:45

Hi EdB, I installed a new blog, I uploaded a Spanish locale file I'm using in other blogs. The Locale functions perfectly in the other blogs, but for some reson it dosen't in the newest one. I applied the locle settings to Users, Blogs, everything, but still everything is shown in English.
I did however, try using another Spanish locale file, and it did work, is the newest es-VE locale by Larry Nieves. This did work but it uses the UTF-8 encoding which fails in most browsers.
I noticed the new locale files have a different structure, but why did the old one work for me in an upgrade I did from 2.4.7 to version 3.3.1?
I'm really lost.

Form is loading...