Recent Topics

1 Dec 12, 2009 06:19    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Does anyone know of a tutorial or book about how to make site of pages not posts?

I want to build a site that is easy to change and looks like a normal website, not a blog.

For example:

There is b2evolution sites in particular the [url=http://birthdayshoes.com/]showcase[/url] which I like to use as models. I am interesting in building with a site with horizontal navbar website that does not look like a blog.

My copy of b2evolution was installed by Cpanel and seems stable.
I just need a little help getting started. I am able to make a blog however.

Any clues appreciated. Thank you.

2 Dec 12, 2009 18:35

The basic concept is that you only write "pages" and no posts. then you remove all "blog related" widgets from your sidebar and you basically end up with something that is very much like a site with horizontal navigation.

Of course, you'll probably need a more "horizontal design" too.

Note: If you see such on open source design somewhere, please point it to us. We may integrate it.

3 Dec 14, 2009 00:19

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it.

If I find Open source design software, I will let you know.

Actually, I am looking for a more generalized online tutorial or book that explains how develop a non-blog look and feel website with b2evolution.

There does not seem to be one available. I have already searched many places.

Any clues appreciated. Take care.

4 Dec 14, 2009 01:25

I was looking for something similar but couldn't find anything useful. If you search for 'wordpress as cms' you should find some articles / tutorials on how to do it. IMO both wp and b2evo are quite similar and hence you should be able to modifiy the how-to in wp to how-to in b2evo.

I haven't tried this yet but I will probably try it for my next project. If anyone tried I'd like to know the result.

6 Dec 17, 2009 04:47

I think you turned of post titles in the blog settings!! :p

7 Dec 17, 2009 05:03

Thank you for quick reply.

But what is process to linked pages to tabbed menu items in that skin?

Sorry for so many questions.

8 Dec 17, 2009 05:36

The tabbed menu contains a widget that lists all the pages by their title.

9 Dec 18, 2009 17:38

b2e generates message from blog dashboard, "You haven't defined a source file for this blog!" when clicking the right sidebar link "Generate static page!"

What does it mean? How is it fixed?

Any clues appreciated. Thank you.

Form is loading...