Recent Topics

1 Dec 21, 2009 04:05    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello,

b2evolution version: 3.3.1
b2evolution experience: a few days only

I have been reading the Doc and playing around for a few days. However I still have problem to start my blog website. It seems that b2evolution may be not what I expected. I have a stupid question:

Is each Blog (e.g. Blog A) just for a owner (e.g. alex) to write his blogs only? I used "demouser" and "ablogger" to login and tried to write something. However neither of them are allow to write blog.

Moreover there is no feature of sorting blogs by writers in a single blog.

Hope that some experts here can give me some guidelines to get started.

Thanks and best regards

Alex

2 Dec 21, 2009 11:30

You 'just' need to make the co-authors member of that blog, AND to give them writing privileges.

I'm pretty sure b2evo will all you need. I'm also pretty sure that it will answer all your questions. We just need to know your questions and problems.

I don't know what you mean by 'sorting blogs by writers in a single blog'. Can you elaborate ?

3 Dec 21, 2009 12:56

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

I set the level of all users to 10. However they still do not have privileges to post. I browsed through all menus and tags but cannot find how to offer them the writing privileges. Could you please provide some guidelines for me?

I don't know what you mean by 'sorting blogs by writers in a single blog'. Can you elaborate ?

For most blog websites, there is usually a link like "other posts from the same writer". When readers click on the link, all posts of that writers will be displayed in a new page.

Thanks and best regards

Alex

4 Dec 21, 2009 13:54

I believe you will need to set the permissions for those bloggers you want to be able to write, publish and edit blogs. Think that's under BLOG SETTINGS, USER PERMS and GROUP PERMS. Play around there.

I created Categories for Users to make it possible to find all their blogs in one location. For example, blogger Joe has his own category called JOE. Another thing is that it's possible to make JOE a parent category, then have sub-categories, maybe JOE/Sports and JOE/Politics. Joe will write a blog and then save it under the desired location. As administrator, you might want to keep an eye on this and make sure he does put it in the right location.

Hope this helps a bit.

5 Dec 21, 2009 15:12

I can now assure you everything is possible and already build in. Your only problem will be to find every setting. I firmly believe that everythinh you want is what i have on my groupsblog. Without the 'hack' of the categories. Just go look at my blog ( it's in durch, but i'm sure you can see what the categories are. To find all post from 1 blogger, click on there picture. I'll elaborate moe when i have a decent keyboard.

6 Dec 21, 2009 15:16

In backoffice go to 'weblogs' the blog you want and thzn the 'tab' features. There you'll see 'multiple authors' and use advanced perms

7 Jan 06, 2010 19:00

I too have this problem in version 3.3.3.
I want to assign posting permissions to a certain user group. So, in "Group Perms" I have checked the boxes "Is Member", "Publ", "Prot" to ensure that the group can post both public and protected posts. However, when I login as a user belonging to this user group I never get the option to post in the "top menu" (the only options visible there are "Edit user profile" and "Logout".
Even if I tick all checkboxes in "Group Perms" (expected result is that the users should have permissions to post any type) nothing is happening.
I have played around with this for several hours now and is getting a bit... frustrated.

Form is loading...