Recent Topics

1 Jan 21, 2010 14:17    

My b2evolution Version:

I am new to this forum and I was hoping I could get some help, since my editor has been less than forthright.
I have a blog that is now a year old and I have always had problems with my posts appearing different in the dashboard than they appear upon publication. Often I will align pictures a certain way and they don't appear that way when published. The same happens with text.
Also my editor provides us with a limited dashboard, not allowing drop caps, sidebars or other more advanced features that they have. I asked my editor to identify the blog software so I could look into my problems, but he wouldn't. It was only by searching through my adm screen that I was able to find this forum.
I don't know what version we are running, since my editor ignores my request for information, but I am very frustrated with the software, so much so that rather than posting articles, with pictures and text, I have resorted to presenting everything in video/slideshow form, embedded from youtube.
Regarding my editors, I even saved screenshots to show how the published page appears differently from the edit page-still no help.
I am at the end of my rope. Can anybody help?
Thanks!

2 Jan 21, 2010 15:52

I e-mailed the editor, asking what version he was using.
He basically told me to just deal with it.
What is causing the edit screen to look substantially different from the published screen ?

3 Jan 21, 2010 19:02

Can you give a link to your blog?

4 Jan 21, 2010 19:08

Here's my blog
http://www.capecodtoday.com/blogs/index.php/Poet

I think the problem could have been related to javascript, since now my posts seem normal viewed under Google Chrome. The only issue is that I can't select/drag pictures using that browser. I'll have to see if it works normally in subsequent posts. My editor is now willing to refer me to his webmaster if issues persist.

5 Jan 21, 2010 21:04

I don't see anything wrong with your blog.
Can you possibly make a screenshot of the "bad looking" page ?

6 Jan 21, 2010 21:46

sam2kb wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with your blog.
Can you possibly make a screenshot of the "bad looking" page ?

Funny, I thought the same thing until my editor requested a meeting, saying some of my posts were "horrible" in terms of formatting. :D
I am having trouble resurrecting the screenshot for the recent issues, but basically two pictures appeared side by side in the edit/post screen, but were atop one another in the published form, corner to corner When I view it now it appears OK in Google Chrome.
I'll post the screenshots if I find them.
Until then I'll just work with what we have and hope the editor gives us the tricked-out dashboard. :D

7 Jan 21, 2010 22:15

Here is one instance where the pages look different.

This is what I see in the editing screen- a single line of text above the picture.
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv261/capecodjon/cctoday-editingscreen.jpg

The text is altered when published.(text doesn't fit and wraps around strangely, displacing the picture.
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv261/capecodjon/cctoday-published.jpg

This is the sort of error that occurs, the editing screen will allow a certain text or picture placement which appears different when saved.
I'll look for other examples.

8 Jan 21, 2010 22:25

You align images with spaces, which is totally wrong.
What you should do is edit style.css in your skin, line 172

.blogtext img, .bodytext img {
    margin-left: 8px;
    margin-right: 8px;
    float: left;
    padding: 5px;
}

You can change it to "float: right;" if you want to

But before this will work you have to remove all the spaces you put between images

9 Jan 21, 2010 22:29

sam2kb wrote:

You align images with spaces, which is totally wrong.
What you should do is edit style.css in your skin, line 172

.blogtext img, .bodytext img {
    margin-left: 8px;
    margin-right: 8px;
    float: left;
    padding: 5px;
}

You can change it to "float: right;" if you want to

But before this will work you have to remove all the spaces you put between images

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks!

Form is loading...