Recent Topics

1 Mar 05, 2010 15:40    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

And yet another question: My goal is to have a site with golf course reviews organized by city, along with articles about golf stuff on the main page. I'm thinking of having the golf courses as categories in a blog with a separate blog for each city, (maybe 5 at first - up to 50 or so). And then a main blog page with links to the various city blogs, (categories?). Is this a good design idea for utilizing b2evo? Am I overlooking something basic that would make this a lot easier to pull off?
I would appreciate any advice thrown at me.

2 Mar 14, 2010 21:19

Hi. If you're planning to make a golf course as a category and cities as a sub-category,you might try doing that in your admin by posting a blog and assign a category for it. Try to add a "PAGE" for your golf categories.

For main blog page with links to the various city blogs, you can try to go to the admin page then go to Linkblog and add your links.

You might wanna check designs in this url http://skins.b2evolution.net/ where you can find different designs and columns. on the right side of that screen you'll see '1 column, 2 columns 3, columns'. it really depends on the site that you wanted to be.

good luck

3 Mar 24, 2010 12:27

HI: Thank you for your response. I'm sorry it took so long to post back.
<If you're planning to make a golf course as a category and cities as a sub-category,you might try doing that in your admin by posting a blog and assign a category for it. Try to add a "PAGE" for your golf categories.>
It would be the other way around I think. The hierarchy would be more like: main blog/home > cities > golf courses, with golf courses and the posts about them being the smallest instance. I looked at several other skins and that was helpful. It seems that the blog software is so powerful that it provides many ways of doing nearly the same thing.
You mentioned adding a "page". I don't see any reference to a "page" in the docs. Do you mean a separate html web page outside of the blog software?
Thank you.

4 Mar 24, 2010 13:18

Hi dbwood.

can you draw a layout using paint and try to make a screenshot so that we would know what you really want.

5 Mar 24, 2010 16:12

dbwood wrote:

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

And yet another question: My goal is to have a site with golf course reviews organized by city, along with articles about golf stuff on the main page. I'm thinking of having the golf courses as categories in a blog with a separate blog for each city, (maybe 5 at first - up to 50 or so). And then a main blog page with links to the various city blogs, (categories?). Is this a good design idea for utilizing b2evo? Am I overlooking something basic that would make this a lot easier to pull off?
I would appreciate any advice thrown at me.

That's the way I'd do it

¥

6 Mar 24, 2010 16:24

you could just go with category for each city, instead of blog.That'd make it easier for sure..

However as you get more seperated from the blog you get more possibilities, if every city is gonna be pretty much the same (using same functions -plugins-, and same style), city = category would not be a problem at all.

city = subcat < category < blog < seperate instance

different possibilities = less < ... <more

7 Apr 06, 2010 15:20

Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll go with main is a blog > city is a blog > course is a category of city. It seems like it should work well.
Now I just have to figure out if I created any problems down the road by changing XHTML validation from "force" to "basic" so I could publish posts with images in them. I was getting "invalid xhtml" warnings about validation with the default settings, and it wouldn't let me attach images. Oh well, another subject altogether.
Thanks again.

Form is loading...