Recent Topics

1 Mar 05, 2010 15:16    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello all: I searched the forum for a couple of days and I still have a question.
My goal is to have b2evo installed at root or at least the appearance of that so the URL just reads golfnebraska.net. I'm using Mac 10.5.8, and ixwebhosting's, Apache/unix server.
I tried uploading the files from the blogs folder without the folder itself as a batch but Cyberduck hung and flagged "upload failed", so I tried uploading the blogs file intact and got upload failed again. I thought my copy of Cyberduck might be defective so I uninstalled it and got a new download and install and tried it again, same result. So I used Dreamweaver for and uploaded the blogs file but Dreamweaver uploaded the b2evolution folder along with the blogs file but not the doc, gettext folders or any of the index files. So before I go any further I have a question.
Should I try drag and drop or something else with Cyberduck to get the files out of the docs file and just in the main folder/directory? Is that idea proper form or is it considered cleaner to have them in a folder and just use trick to make it look like they are at root to the person browsing?
Thank you and any advice appreciated.
Whoops, forgot to include: I'm trying to install b2evo 3.3.3

2 Mar 05, 2010 15:25

Follow up question: The docs say I need the blogs file and blogs sub-folders on the server, are the sub-folders in the blogs file? Is there any reason not to have the whole b2evolution package on my server? I want the blog URL to be "clean".
Thank you.

Form is loading...