Recent Topics

1 Mar 23, 2010 00:47    

My b2evolution Version:

Where might I find documentation for the antispam settings? I don't want to ask each question here and if there is documentation, I'd love to get my hands on it. The short answer on the page isn't sufficient, especially if you don't know how spam karma works. For instance:

Publishing threshold:
(-100 to 100). Automatically publish feedbacks with a spam karma below this value.

Then there's Spam detection relevance weight.

???

2 Mar 23, 2010 01:00

Also, is this information still accurate:

Change the directory/folder name for your trackback and comments

Change it from htsrv to any other valid directory/folder name. Then edit conf/_advanced.php to reflect the change. Change the following line of code: $htsrv_subdir = 'htsrv'; This prevents bots that automatically attempt to submit comments and trackbacks using b2evolution's default htsrv installation.

Is there anywhere else I have to update the new directory name before I attempt this?

Found at http://manual.b2evolution.net/Antispam_tab

4 Mar 23, 2010 02:33

Thanks, Laurie. Well, the first question is right above your response to me.

Is there anywhere else I have to update the new directory name before I attempt this? I've just bolded it for you in the previous post so you know what I'm referring to, rather than posting it all here again.

Second, I saw the link you sent also. That's not what I'm looking for. I want detailed documentation on every single field under the Global Settings>Antispam tab. If it doesn't exist, I'd be glad to type out every single field and ask questions related to every single one, but the first two fields I've already referred to in the first post. I can't know how to modify things if I don't know what they refer to. For example, I know what the word spam means, and I know what the word karma means yet spam karma means nothing to me so how can I possibly know how to tweak the numbers effectively if I don't know they effect incoming spam? (I've already Googled so I now understand what it is, but again, I'm trying to use it HERE with b2evo software so I don't care about the general def - I need to work with it) There is no documentation on that on your site for as hard as I search, but if I'm wrong, please do let me know.

5 Mar 23, 2010 02:43

Sorry, about that, I was focusing on the first post. I see what you are wanting now. Let me do some research and I will get back to you.

Thanks

6 Mar 23, 2010 03:01

No problem, Laurie. BTW, the bolding wasn't yelling, just highlighting. I used to work at a helpdesk (million years ago) and I try to be as descriptive as possible but then the question sometimes gets lost. ;-)

7 Mar 23, 2010 04:07

Laurie W. wrote:

Reading this page may help you. It has alot of spam information. If not let me know specifically what your wanting to ask and I will try to help.

http://manual.b2evolution.net/.9.2_Antispam_howto

Good Luck!

Here's more - in that link you refer to it says:

Clearing spam from your referrer logs
* In the admin site, click on the stats tab Did that
* Click on the referers tab. <-- no such tab, from here the rest doesn't apply
* Scroll to the bottom and look at the Top referers section

On my own, I found it. Was going to referring domains but the documentation should say referered B-hits. The spelling error isn't mine; that's what the tab actually says.

8 Mar 25, 2010 20:51

Repeating: Where might I find documentation for the antispam settings? I don't want to ask each question here and if there is documentation, I'd love to get my hands on it. The short answer on the page isn't sufficient, especially if you don't know how spam karma works. For instance:

Publishing threshold:
(-100 to 100). Automatically publish feedbacks with a spam karma below this value.

Then there's Spam detection relevance weight.

???

9 Mar 25, 2010 22:33

.9.2 Antispam howto
This applies to version 0.9.2 while the current stable version is 3.3.3 ;)

Install a Captcha plugin if you want to minimize spam comments. Also install a Basic antispam plugin (shipped with b2evo) and edit the settings.

b2evo documentation sucks, you know it already :(

Form is loading...