Recent Topics

1 Mar 23, 2010 06:17    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for such a post. We're interested in building a multi-domain + multi-blog community site. Think site[1-n].domain.com/blog[1-n]. Is b2evolution the right platform to build on?

Additionally, (very high-level) requirements are:

* premium features + paypal integration (think premium themes, analytics, etc.)
* social technologies (member profiles, messaging, etc.)
* strong photo publishing experience
* mobile support
* private/public sites and blogs

We've looked at WPMU and it got ugly quick :)

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on how good of a fit b2e is for such a project. If you have experience building sites of this kind we'd like to speak with you. I can be reached at craayzie (at) fleshins (dot) com.

Thanks in advance everyone.

2 Mar 23, 2010 10:28

craayzie wrote:

Think site[1-n].domain.com/blog[1-n]. Is b2evolution the right platform to build on?

Basically, yes.b2 is better than any other blogging system when it's about multi-user, multi-domain, multi-anything.. /*points to the motto on the upper right corner*/

craayzie wrote:

Additionally, (very high-level) requirements are:
* premium features + paypal integration (think premium themes, analytics, etc.)

There are not "premium" themes.. and b2 does not have a decent e-commerce plugin if you are asking about that.

craayzie wrote:

* social technologies (member profiles, messaging, etc.)

b2 is just trying to catch up on that..profiles are extensible, avatars has just been bundled and messaging is coming in v4.

craayzie wrote:

* strong photo publishing experience

there is a "photoblog" skin meant for photo publishing, but cant say it's the best.. unfortunately there are not any decent gallery plugins/integration either.

craayzie wrote:

* mobile support

mobile devices are a concern for sure, but there are not enough development on that either.

craayzie wrote:

* private/public sites and blogs

The user/usergroups hierarchy and read/write permissions are very configurable, i dont think that's gonna be a problem at all.

Form is loading...