Recent Topics

1 Apr 07, 2010 22:18    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I would like to use a custom signature in the Blog, like the one in my Outlook emails. Can I do that? Is there a function for that within the Blog, or do I need to create an image containing the signature and just insert that at the bottom of all of my Blogs?

Thank you!

2 Apr 08, 2010 04:49

From backoffice, select the blog, go to Blog Settings > Advanced tab, scroll down the page to look for 'Blog footer'.

3 Apr 08, 2010 18:11

Iceblock,

Thank you for the info. But that line there is only changing the footer at the bottom of the page, where the copyright info is. What I am really looking for is a signature that will be within the actual post, at the bottom of the text, but not necessarily in the footer. When I send emails with Outlook, I am able to have a signature with my contact info that will show up on the bottom of each email. I am looking for something like that.

All help and advice is greatly appreciated!

4 Apr 18, 2010 10:31

Hi,

I did this by creating an image with my "signature" and uploading it. Then, I edited my index.main.php file. Make sure you back up the file before you make any changes, just in case you make a mistake and need to bring the file back to what it was before you touched it.

But when I made my layout I used and edited the "custom" skin to fit the layout I already had, so the file you may need to edit might be different depending on the skin.

5 Apr 18, 2010 18:17

Blog Settings > Advanced > Metadata > Single Post Footer ?

6 Apr 18, 2010 21:13

Go the whole hog and add a container to your post loop .. assuming one doesn't exist, and then just add a freehtml widget to it ... after reloading skin

Alternatively, just edit your skin file, hard code it in and save some cpu?

ambrosia wrote:

Hi,

I did this by creating an image with my "signature" and uploading it. Then, I edited my index.main.php file. Make sure you back up the file before you make any changes, just in case you make a mistake and need to bring the file back to what it was before you touched it.

But when I made my layout I used and edited the "custom" skin to fit the layout I already had, so the file you may need to edit might be different depending on the skin.

Yay, a solution that makes sense ;)

¥

Form is loading...