Recent Topics

1 Apr 21, 2010 22:12    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

I would think I could inquire about this in the Plugin forum since that is what it is related to, but I don't have posting privileges there, so I guess support is the next logical place.

The TinyMCE currently shipping with b2evo is version 3.3.0. There is now a version 3.3.3 which fixes some bugs that are in version 3.3.0, namely the <object> tag. I have encountered this bug where 3.3.0 will change the data'"" part of the object tag changing it to shockwave flash. According to the TinyMCE forum, this bug is fixed in version 3.3.3 of TinyMCE.

Now, simply uploading the new tiny_mce folder to the server will not work, TinyMCE will not load. Therefore, my guess is the plugin will need to be changed as well. It is time that the version of TinyMCE shipping with b2evo is upgraded as bugs have been fixed with 3.3.3. What do I need to do to upgrade the plugin to work with version 3.3.3.

Furthermore, once this upgrade is done, it should be added to the current CVS of b2evo since the TinyMCE plugin is basically a core part of the distribution; outdated code from third parties should not be left in a current version of b2evolution.

Any help with performing this upgrade of TinyMCE will be appreciated.

-Kimberly

2 May 01, 2010 20:47

No, this is a problem with the plugin, not TinyMCE. I was wrong; by the way, the version of TinyMCE shipping with b2evo 3.3.3 is Version: 3.2.1.1 (2008-11-27) which I got by clicking on the info button in TinyMCE. The 3.3.0 must be the version number of the plugin. While the plugin may have been updated, TinyMCE was not. The current version of TinyMCE is version 3.3.4. If b2evolution is going to ship a WYSIWYG as a part of the product, it should be the latest code and it should be easily upgraded to allow one to replace old code that may have bugs and errors and security issues with the new code. If one tries to upgrade the TinyMCE in the LATEST available b2evo it breaks the plugin and TinyMCE does not load and does not presents any errors. Therefore, until the plugin is fixed, users are left with an outdated buggy version of TinyMCE in the latest and greatest version of b2evolution.

I am not a coder and I don't have the knowledge, or the time to acquire the knowledge, to write a new plugin for TinyMCE. I could probably more easily just hack the editor code and load the latest version of TinyMCE directly instead of using a plugin.

Form is loading...