Recent Topics

1 Apr 22, 2010 01:37    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Looking for a solution for the TinyMCE to be able to insert photos and keep the caption with the photo. The most logical solution would be to use an object tag as that can be contained inside of a p tag and not trip up the validation. However, the current version of TinyMCE shipping with b2evolution has a bug that changes the data part of the object to shockwave flash. So until TinyMCE is upgraded to version 3.3.3, object can not be used to insert a photo with caption. Definition lists don't work. Tables would work, but if it is inside of a p tag, it will trip the validation error and that throws users for a loop. Divisions don't work as I have seen TinyMCE pull the caption division out of the main division.

The problem is to have an interface for non HTML people to be able to create posts as they don't know what they are doing to delete extra p tags or create divisions. They can use the WYSIWYG editor and that is about all.

I am hoping that I can get some help with updating the TinyMCE plugin to use TinyMCE version 3.3.3, and then edit the _files_class.php to use object to wrap the image. I can not try object until TinyMCE is updated because of the bug in TinyMCE version 3.3.0

2 May 01, 2010 06:13

You may want to get WinMerge and compare b2evo version of TinyMCE against the same original version, then update TinyMCE and move the b2evo differences.

3 May 01, 2010 20:45

No, this is a problem with the plugin, not TinyMCE. I was wrong; by the way, the version of TinyMCE shipping with b2evo 3.3.3 is Version: 3.2.1.1 (2008-11-27) which I got by clicking on the info button in TinyMCE. The 3.3.0 must be the version number of the plugin. While the plugin may have been updated, TinyMCE was not. The current version of TinyMCE is version 3.3.4. If b2evolution is going to ship a WYSIWYG as a part of the product, it should be the latest code and it should be easily upgraded to allow one to replace old code that may have bugs and errors and security issues with the new code. If one tries to upgrade the TinyMCE in the LATEST available b2evo it breaks the plugin and TinyMCE does not load and does not presents any errors. Therefore, until the plugin is fixed, users are left with an outdated buggy version of TinyMCE in the latest and greatest version of b2evolution.

I am not a coder and I don't have the knowledge, or the time to acquire the knowledge, to write a new plugin for TinyMCE. I could probably more easily just hack the editor code and load the latest version of TinyMCE directly instead of using a plugin.

Form is loading...