Recent Topics

1 Apr 24, 2010 01:41    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I don't know if any of you remember me but I had a heckuva time getting B2 to load to my website and after, oh, weeks of going back and forth, I finally sent it all to my webhosts and they had to install it for me. I would really like to upgrade to the new version but #1. I have no clue how to back up what I have and #2. I fear losing everything I have on there now because it is a lot. I want to learn how to do this so that I won't be so friggin' needy.
So, can you tell me how to back up those files incase the upgrade super nova's? Anyone willing to hop onto Ventrilo and talk me through the procedure?

3 Apr 24, 2010 05:41

I started to read that earlier today and realized that I didn't understand a word of it. I guess I will just use the version that I have. It is working fine other than no one but me can make a blog. I am still trying to figure out permissions but even putting people at 10 clocks them from creating a blog. For as smart as I am...sometimes I am so stupid! I feel like the marathon runner who can run 30 miles with ease but can't carry his luggage through the airport. Thanks for the link. :o

4 Apr 24, 2010 14:26

its very easy, includes of 2 stages;

1. Download ALL of your b2 install root directory including all files and folders.

2. Go to your PhpMyAdmin, select your databaase > Export and save your sql.

Now you can restore your install saved at that time any time.

5 Apr 24, 2010 18:22

"Now you can restore your install saved at that time any time." Huh?!?

Sorry. :(
I still don't really understand. I need to know this stuff because I will be adding this to another website but it is just a language that I don't speak. I am sure I can upgrade the program with no problems. It is the saving what I already have and then putting it back after I upgrade that is freaking me out. That is why I was hoping that someone could help me on Skype or Ventrilo. Written words are sometimes hard to understand.

It seems there is no easy answer to my problem so I am just going to leave it until I can figure out how to back up what I have. I suppose I could just copy the text and save it to files.

Thanks for your help.

6 Apr 24, 2010 18:38

Xorri wrote:

"Now you can restore your install saved at that time any time." Huh?!?

Sorry. :(
I still don't really understand.

What i meant was if you did the above steps as of 14.04.2010 at 20:30 per say, you can restore your install to the exact state as of date date if anything goes wrong during upgrade.

Xorri wrote:

It is the saving what I already have and then putting it back after I upgrade that is freaking me out. That is why I was hoping that someone could help me on Skype or Ventrilo. Written words are sometimes hard to understand.

You dont "put back" anything after upgrade, you are all set once the upgrade procedure is complete.Upgrading is not "reinstalling" or "restoring" by any means.

You can always hire a b2evo professional to get the job done.

Xorri wrote:

It seems there is no easy answer to my problem so I am just going to leave it until I can figure out how to back up what I have. I suppose I could just copy the text and save it to files.

how to back up what you have:

1.Download all of your ftp root.
2.Export and save your database as a sql.

That's all, sorry i cant explain it simplier than that.

There are automatic backup creators in DirectAdmin or Cpanel etc. depending on what your hosting provider uses

8 May 02, 2010 02:15

Well, I got all the way to almost the end only to find out that Lowesthosting is using an old version of MySQL and I can't use it. They need 4.1. I opened up a ticket with them and asked them to upgrade. I figured out how to save my old folder and I am putting that one back on. Hopefully, it will work.

Well, at least I figured it out up until that point. Pretty proud of myself actually.

Thanks for all your help. :D /hug

9 May 03, 2010 06:54

One final note on this: My host is migrating my account to a different server with MySQL 5.0 so that is good news. They are so accomodating. <3

Form is loading...