Recent Topics

1 May 11, 2010 17:53    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Version:b2evo 3.3.3
Skin: modified evocamp

Every time I go to my home page (or click on the Home link), the background flashes and goes white. The evoToolbar also changes slightly. This doesn't happen when clicking on any other link on the page.

I've modifed the evocamp skin, but I've also setup a test blog using the same skin and can't get it to duplicate the problem I'm seeing. I've removed all the widgets and added them back one at a time, but can't seem to track it down.

I'm thinking it has to be something in one of the posts on the main page that's the culprit, but don't want to fuss with the live blog too much.

Check it out [url=http://www.bushleaguecritic.com]here[/url] if you have time, and see if someone can't point me in the right direction.

Thanks

EDIT: The arrows for the drop-down menus on the evoToolbar are disappearing and coming back. That's what makes its appearance change momentarily.

2 May 11, 2010 18:52

Happens to me on any link/refresh (without js, not tried it with cos it seemed pointless)

¥

3 May 11, 2010 19:41

Yeah, I've narrowed it down to the amount of content shown on the main page. Decreasing the number of posts displayed definitely makes it less noticeable, so I guess it will be a balancing act.

It's all moot if someone is running NoScript, anyway. ;)

4 May 11, 2010 20:52

The flash is (probably) caused by browser waiting for content to load before it calls css (et al) files. You could try killing it by adding a hardcoded style for dark colour

<body style="background:#fab;">

¥

Form is loading...