Recent Topics

1 Jun 03, 2010 01:33    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hello,
I am new to b2 and am not quite sure that I understand how the multi blogs work, and I am even more confused on exactly what a stub file is. I installed the program and successfully added an outside blog to it, but it appears to me that I just created a link to the outside blog.

My hope for this program is to be able to tie in other people's blogs (from whereever, Blogspot, Wordpress, etc) so that their data/posts will appear on my blog, as they post them.

Can this be done?

Also, if I have to just use the links going to their respective blogs, is there a way of passing on a sidebar link, footer or header link to return to my site?

Thanks so much for your help!
Jeanne

2 Jun 03, 2010 03:16

My hope for this program is to be able to tie in other people's blogs (from whereever, Blogspot, Wordpress, etc) so that their data/posts will appear on my blog, as they post them.

It sounds like you're hoping b2Evolution can be used as a content scraping tool. Can't see as how those "other people" would be nuts about the idea. :-/

3 Jun 03, 2010 03:25

ScrapbookSupplies wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 2.x
Hello,
I am new to b2 and am not quite sure that I understand how the multi blogs work, and I am even more confused on exactly what a stub file is.

Multi blogs are almost independent, they provide a wide range of settings you can seperately customize for each blog.
A stub file is a file that you gonna need if you want to make advanced changes to how a particular blog works.

ScrapbookSupplies wrote:

Can this be done?

Yes this can be easily done via RSS, using sam2kb's feed importer (makes posts with their posts) or if you simply want to display/render them and you dont need to repost; you can use am_rss_reader plugin.

ScrapbookSupplies wrote:

Also, if I have to just use the links going to their respective blogs, is there a way of passing on a sidebar link, footer or header link to return to my site?

Thanks so much for your help!
Jeanne

Sure, just insert a free html widget where you want your link (sidebar, header etc.) under blog settings > widgets and insert your link there, such as ;

<a href="http://www.someblog.com>someblog</a>

4 Jun 03, 2010 05:15

Thank you! I will try these in the morning.

Our site is for a design team, where individual designers all have their own blogs. The intent isn't to "steal" their posts, it's just to keep them from having to repost. It gives us some content and gives them more exposure. Hopefully it wont kill our rankings - this is a new thought.

Will see what I can do in the morning and post back - thank you so much!
;)

Jeanne

5 Jul 22, 2010 12:04

Hello,
After reading many comments from this site, I eager to use this software for my own blog. For the purpose my friends around the world can contact and exchange idea each another easily.
If I get any trouble, pls give your hand a help.
Tks in advance.

*removed

Form is loading...