Recent Topics

1 Jun 04, 2010 16:20    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I recently moved to a new host with PHP 5.3.2... and now my contact form on my blog is no longer working... it's not sending any emails, or even indicating that it can't.

I previously had an issue with trying to post new blogs giving me a Forbidden error page, but this was sorted out by my host whitelisting the mod_sec rule that was triggering the problem. (Just mentioned that in case anyone else has that problem.)

Thoughts on my email contact form issue?

2 Jun 04, 2010 17:47

but this was sorted out by my host whitelisting the mod_sec rule that was triggering the problem.

It may still be a mod_sec rule causing your latest problem. Some rules just drop connections without redirecting to a "Forbidden" page. I had to disable multiple mod_sec rules to get most of the functionality of b2evo working - I still have issues with the Preview button in the post editor. Mod_sec sees that action as some sort of heinous attack of biblical proportions. :-/

So I doubt your host fixed everything by disabling a single mod_sec rule, but without access to the mod_sec audit log, you may be hard-pressed to find the offending rule.

I'm still on PHP 5.1.6, so I can't help if it truly is a 5.3.2 issue.

3 Jun 04, 2010 18:37

kaylala wrote:

I recently moved to a new host ... is no longer working...

Ask your new host if they allow mail()?

¥

4 Jun 07, 2010 00:49

My host said that their datacenter noticed a problem with resolving some outbound destinations, mostly involving the big ISPs: Yahoo, MSN, Google, etc, etc. No more explanation than that.

Anyway, it works now, so it was a host/server issue.

5 Jun 09, 2010 21:10

What PHP version is better for creating *spam removed?

Form is loading...