Recent Topics

1 Jun 08, 2010 22:11    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

hi, I have a website with dynamic mysql php pages that display stats and other info.
eg. http://soccerwebs.net/cyclones/standings.php
I want these pages or at least the table with the data to be displayed within blogs I create.

Just wondering if this is possible? or will I have to create a template to match the existing site pages and just add links to them from the blog?

I prefer importing directly into the blog if anyone has any suggestions on how to do it without a lot of custom programming that would be great.

Thanks
Camster

2 Jun 08, 2010 22:56

My guess would be customise a skin. If you look at any skin folder they have a file posts.main.php
I would guess you could put some custom code in here and it could point to another db.

Also if you look at _blog_main.inc.php it has a section

$disp_handlers = array(
					'404'            => '404_not_found.main.php',
					'arcdir'         => 'arcdir.main.php',
					'catdir'         => 'catdir.main.php',
					'comments'       => 'comments.main.php',
					'feedback-popup' => 'feedback_popup.main.php',
					'mediaidx'       => 'mediaidx.main.php',
					'msgform'        => 'msgform.main.php',
					'page'           => 'page.main.php',
					'posts'          => 'posts.main.php',
					'profile'        => 'profile.main.php',
					'single'         => 'single.main.php',
					'subs'           => 'subs.main.php',
					// All others will default to index.main.php
				);

This looks like it is the types of page or part of page. I would imaging you would need to customise one of these files.... or maybe add to this list. I am following this topic as I would be interested to know.

4 Jun 09, 2010 01:37

ok these suggestions definitely point me in the right direction. My knowledge of php is pretty basic but I'll take a look and try a few things.

Thanks
Camster

5 Jun 12, 2010 01:45

I took a look at the link to the create custom pages and doesnt look to tough but I really dont know what info should be replaced. My coding level is pretty basic with mostly cut and paste.

Thanks, I'll keep exploring and see if I can come up with something.

Form is loading...