Recent Topics

1 Jul 13, 2010 19:27    

My b2evolution Version:

Version: 3.3.3

After finally getting my subdomain to work with the b2 installation on my main domain, I am unable to login correctly from it.

Basicly, when I click the login link, it takes me to the login page. Input name and password. If I click the 'login to backoffice' button, I get transfered to the admin panel, no problem. Can post blogs, do whatever I need to, and the blog shows up just fine. However, if I just click the 'login' button, get transfered back to the blog, and am not logged in. This isn't a critical issue in that I can still post to said subdomain blog, but it would be handy to remain logged in from the subdomain. Is there a way to do this? I have changed the instance name for the cookies, doesn't help. I can't seem to figure out any of the paths for the cookie_domain in _advanced.php as nothing I tried worked. It could be because the actual b2evo install is in a subfolder under the main domain, but I have no idea what else to try. Am I just dreaming that this is possible?

BTW, really need to update the b3evo version dropdown for these. It only goes up to 2.x. ^_^

2 Jul 13, 2010 19:46

Put this in conf/_advanced.php at the very end

$cookie_domain = '.yourdomain.tld';

3 Jul 13, 2010 20:21

Now when I click the login button, it tells me I'm already logged in. Logged out and cleared cookies, then tried logging back in. It still doesn't show me as logged in on the subdomain, but gives me the message that I'm already logged in on the login form page.

4 Jul 13, 2010 22:34

Try changing the instance name again

5 Jul 13, 2010 23:00

That didn't help either. Now the login page just says 'You need to accept cookies'. I can login to the back office from there, and I show being logged in on the blogs on the main domain, just not the subdomain.

6 Jul 13, 2010 23:08

It should work with this

$cookie_path = '/';

7 Jul 13, 2010 23:34

that gives me this message:

"WARNING: you are trying to log in to http://jateshi.dubird.net/index.php but your cookie domain is /. You will not be able to successfully log in to the requested domain until you fix your cookie domain in your b2evolution configuration. "

8 Jul 20, 2010 20:57

Still not finding a solution to this, so bumping in case someone else can help.

10 Jul 27, 2010 18:03

I installed my blog into a sub domain and also had problems logging in. I finally came up with this solution:

1. Located in the file "config" is "_advanced.php"

2. Open and scroll down to: / ** Cookies **

3. Look carefully for:

{ // Use the basehost as it is:
$cookie_domain = $baseurl;
}

4. Change to:

{ // Use the basehost as it is:
$cookie_domain = yourdomain/subdomain;
}

And save file.

!Important: do not place / after your sub domain

This worked for me. Hope it can help out someone else!

11 Jul 27, 2010 18:51

natertotbakery wrote:

This worked for me. Hope it can help out someone else!

Based on your post, your problem is probably due to having the wrong $baseurl in /conf/_basic_config.php ?

Sounds like you have it as "domain.tld" instead of "sub.domain.tld" ?

¥

12 Jul 27, 2010 20:28

The problem with that is that it's only one blog that's going on a subdomain. The rest are on the main domain. So would that even work then?

I am going to reinstall it under just the base domain as soon as I get a few other things worked out, would that help?

13 Jul 27, 2010 22:27

You don't need to reinstall, just move the files and edit $base_url in conf/basic_config.php

14 Jul 28, 2010 06:22

Well, yes, that's what I mean. Still have to organize things and make a skin so it can be my main page. But will that help the subdomain cookie problem?

15 Jul 28, 2010 06:25

But will that help the subdomain cookie problem?

Do you mean moving blog from subdirectory one level up? I don't know :) Try it

16 Jul 28, 2010 16:49

To make cookies work on your subdomain you need to set the host as ".domain.tld" and the path to "/" .. chances are you also need to change $instance_name to force new cookies

¥

17 Nov 29, 2010 17:28

Just a followup (in case someone else has this problem):

Finally moved everything to the base directory and am using b2 as my main site content. Adjusted the config file and the index file on the subdomain, and it actually seems to be working for a change. At least, I can go to the subdomain and see the b2 menu bar when i'm logged in, so I'm guessing it's working now. ^_^;

Form is loading...