Recent Topics

1 Aug 04, 2010 07:07    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello all!

I am trying to design a skin so it looks exactly like my website design, i.e. same header, menu, main and side bars, and footer. I am following the instructions on the site under Create a new skin but I am stuck when trying to paste the code into main content area. When I post widgets into my sidebar they work fine, but when I try to paste the main code it does not. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Is this a common problem? Thank you in advance for any help!

I just noticed that the instructions under Create a new skin are supposed to work with version 1.x. Can someone direct me to instructions for 3.3? Please!

2 Sep 13, 2010 12:57

Anyone checking in on this issue? I have the same question. New site and I want the blog to look like just another page.

3 Sep 13, 2010 12:58

I'm also using 3.3.3.

4 Sep 15, 2010 02:50

I tried to start doing skin from scratch, following instructions -- I know it's outdated but was hoping with my php knowledge I'm able to work it out. But it's not easy!

What I normally do is to choose one of the standard skins that looks closest to the design I want and modify from there (make a copy of that skin and rename it).

I use Firefox and Web Developer add-on, which has tools to show the name of <div> tags, so that i know what to change in css file. Or rename the <div> tags to that used by your website so that you need minimal change to the css file and the templates.

If any files used isn't in your skin folder but you want to modify, it's in the parent directory (ie directly under /skins) just copy that file to your skin folder and modify from there. (DO NOT modify any files in the /skins - if any files gets updated, you will lost it <--- learned it through experience).

Hope this help you to get started.

5 Sep 15, 2010 03:53

Thanks, Ice. That's what I've already done that got me to where I am with the current site on cw-connect.com. I just want it to fit *seamlessly* with new site and it's ridiculous. I'll find someone to pay to get it down eventually. I just am so pissed that while I support b2evolution completely and like the flexibility, even with all my savvy, I'm stuck in the water with outdated instructions right here on the site. Thanks much.

I'll see how far I get.

6 lxsparks Sep 15, 2010 13:21

lxsparks

guberpl - which parts of B2 do you want to integrate into your main site?

I only ask as I was trying to get B2 to take on the look of a site I was working on and then realised that I only needed the posts included. So I used an RSS feed to deliver the contents onto the pages I wanted posts to appear.

Matthew

7 Sep 16, 2010 03:19

Basically you want to strip the index.main.php ile untill you're left with the elements you want to use on the site. Then you add elements from your existing site.
It looks like you removed too much (unless you made a PHP error along the way like forgetting a closing ; ). In the top of index.main.php all sorts of data is called that going to be needed lateron. The actual posts are inside the while loop.

Hope this helps. Next time provide a link to wht you are trying or some essential codesnippets.

Good luck

Form is loading...