Recent Topics

1 Sep 07, 2010 11:09    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

Hi!

How can I move entries (on the database) from one blog to another.

I want to delete some users but retain their blogged entries and move them to another blog.

I did not find the relation between evo_blogs and evo_items__item...

Thanks,

Shivan

2 Sep 07, 2010 20:32

AFAIK, items are not directly associated to blogs, they are related through categories.

But you could move via sql WHERE author_id etc.

3 Sep 07, 2010 22:12

It's hard via the database. Maybe just change the user's email and password so you own it, then enable "cross post across multiple blogs", then edit the posts to use a category in the new home?

If memory serves me there are at least 3 and maybe up to 5 tables that would need to be tweaked to make a post go from one blog to another.

Oh and tilqicom is right: the posts are actually in categories which happen to be attached to a blog. That's why moving them through the database is so hard: you have to move them to/through cats to actually get the job done.

4 Sep 07, 2010 22:41

right..there is a good chance leftovers could lead to a future crash.

if there are too many users/or posts to move, it might be a problem to take ownership.Again sql might come handy to do that in batch.

Btw, the procedure would vary depending exactly on what you are planning to do.Unfortunately it is not an easy task as it sounds.If you could give further detail, we could give a little more information on how you could do it.

5 Sep 08, 2010 14:28

My intention is only to delete some users and their blogs (which won't post anymore) and move their already posted items to another blog of an still active user.

And I'm thinking of restructuring my blogs.

Currently every user has his own blog. I'm thinking about only 2-3 topic based blogs and each user posts in one of those 3.

Update:
Workaround
1. open the overview of the blog in edit mode
2. Edit evo_items_item change column post_main_cat_ID and change it to a category of the other user. (id from link in edit mode)
3. now click on edit of the item
4. click on save
5. item will be saved and no more visible in the "old" blog but visible in the new one.

6 Sep 13, 2010 08:05

Hey everyone. Don't mean to intrude but my question is along the same lines and I didn't want to begin a whole new topic for it.

I have a blog currently under a site of its own. cw-connect.com. I just launched my social media marketing business and the topics of my blog all relate to social media so I figure why pay for two domains now? When this one expires, I'm done.

So, I'd like to basically move everything to my new site, nixonvs.com. I don't know how to do this.

Would I just zip the whole directory from old site, drop it in the new one after I install b2evolution and just do a search and replace for cw-connect.com and replace it with new site name??

I don't need to do this right away, I've got time, but if it's not a big deal, I'd rather get it done by the end of the week.

Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise.

Patricia

8 Sep 14, 2010 08:09

@Whatevertheheck, do you just want to replace the existing site with the new domain name? If so, you just have to setup your new domain to point to the ip address of where your site is currently hosted, update the url in config/_basic_config.php.

If you're moving to different host, then you'll need to backup your database and files (yes, zip the whole directory) and move them to the new host.

9 Sep 14, 2010 08:33

Hey Ice! Thanks. Ironically, only seconds ago I got it working. I did everything in the link as instructed but the part that was killing me was I kept getting the message that I'd already installed so I kept deleting, ftp'ing again and then same thing.

I ended up selecting upgrade (??) even though it wasn't an upgrade and that got me up. http://www.nixonvs.com/blogs/index.php.

Just gotta tweak a bit now to get it to the fonts of the previous install http://www.cw-connect.com/blog/index.php.

I don't know if you can help me with this last part, but I'll try ya.

As you see, my new site is http://www.nixonvs.com. What I really want is for my blog to look just like another page of the current site. Nothing much different (except columns I'll have to add, of course).

I know about the noskin.php thing but can't figure out how that works. Do I cut and paste parts of it into my current Dreamweaver template to get it right?? Anything you can suggest is great, but as in this case, if I fiddle for hours on end, I usually come up with something. Between Google and these forums, it shouldn't take me a week.

Thanks much again!

Patricia

10 Sep 14, 2010 08:45

Sorry, but on a separate note since I'm doing it now and it's on my mind . . .

Isn't there a way to export just parts of the blog and re-import them?

When I first started using b2evolution and wasn't as familiar, I created and deleted a couple of blogs. Now I have only 4 blogs but their Blog ID's are 1, 6, 8 and 10. I know it means nothing but can't I get them back in 1 to 4 order?

11 Sep 14, 2010 09:06

Sorry I don't know much about dreamweaver. I usually hand-code my skins. I'm guessing if doing via dreamweaver, you'll have to extract the html code generated by dreamweaver and make modification from there so that your blog looks like your main site.

12 Sep 14, 2010 09:13

Okay, that I know. What I'm asking is where do I get the code to put into whatever template I use (forget the Dreamweaver part) to incorporate into the current look of my website?

And also, know anything about the Blog ID order that I mentioned?

Thanks again for the help.

13 Sep 14, 2010 11:35

You know, I really don't mind doing things on my own, but these old manuals and instructions here online are not accurate. I'm following instructions to the T to create a new skin but the files that are mentioned don't exist in 3.3.3. There's no _main.php so I changed the closest named file instead and of course that didn't work. 4 hours now and . . . Goodness gracious. Let me Google some more.

I totally understand b2evo is free but at least help us help ourselves and then we wouldn't rely so heavily on help from these forums. I could be done with my work already and now the sun is coming up.

15 Sep 15, 2010 03:54

I saw it. Thanks. I'll end up paying someone to do it for me. I don't like the two different looks and can't spend days on end doing this. Got clients to serve.

Form is loading...