Recent Topics

1 Nov 01, 2010 02:00    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Facebook integration is poor in b2evolution.

However I found this which may help others here. A tip.

Facebook has an application RSS Graffiti. Using it, I can through the RSS feed you can integrate Facebook and b2evolutiuon. What I like very much is that I can schedule a post in b2evolution and it appears at the correct time on my Facebook account.

Sample here

Blog
http://www.posbrowser.com.au/b2evolution.new/blogs/index.php?blog=1

Facebook account
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/POS-Solutions-Australia/114574931907196

2 Nov 02, 2010 15:01

Good idea! Facebook has a (cumbersome) feature allowing you to link a RSS feed to the Wall, but all it does is have people comment on your posts in Facebook and not your blog. This solution takes them to the blog and they can comment there. Much better. I'm tired of Facebook "sucking" my social interchange.

Kudos for you!

3 Nov 03, 2010 02:53

What I am hoping is that Facebook might get people to come to my blog rather than the reverse. Nothing I can do anyway as Facebook is where the people are.

While I am at it, b2evolution needs a better interface into facebook. I would like that people could say "gee that is a good post on this blog", I will put it into facebook with one button click.

bit wrote:

This solution takes them to the blog and they can comment there.

Not really it makes it possible to have a Facebook account active though b2evolution without double handling and keep the Facebook account in tune with the calendar.

bit wrote:

Much better. I'm tired of Facebook "sucking" my social interchange.

What needed is a way of getting the comments on the blog or Facebook, put into the other.

4 Nov 03, 2010 13:41

While I am at it, b2evolution needs a better interface into facebook.

I'm of a differing opinion.
Making b2e integrate seamlessly (and easily) with Facebook, would mean muddying up the core with code that doesn't have anything to do with blogging in general. Not to mention the stranded code that would be left in the core when the next "latest and greatest" social experiment comes along and replaces Facebook.

The answer is plugins. And while some core developers may devote a portion of their time to writing plugins, most concentrate on the core... as they should. So until a plugin developer comes along who has a vested interest in integrating b2evo with Facebook (and has an intimate knowledge of b2evo core code), the solutions will be hackish and troublesome for the non-programmer.

So get a programmer to take up the cause and write a third-party plugin for Facebook integration, but don't expect it to be an official part of b2evolution any time soon.

5 Nov 04, 2010 05:11

bernard zimmermann wrote:

bit wrote:

This solution takes them to the blog and they can comment there.

Not really

You're right. I was misled by the app screenshot. You can tell Facebook you want comments either anywhere or nowhere. (sigh)

Interesting, though. :)

Form is loading...