Recent Topics

1 Nov 08, 2010 16:09    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

So it appears that my blog has been hacked. For some reason it re-directs to kitaelyamb.ru and now it has infested the Google search links for my site so that when you google my site it re-directs yout here as well. I was using an older version of B2evo with 2.4.7 and I think that is how it was comprimised.

I tried upgrading to the newest version with no cahnge. In fact, in the admin backoffice clicking on certain links again re-directs you to the same .ru page and then ends up at a default.com page.

I deleted the directory on the server and installed the 3.3.1 and re-connected to the database. Again it redirects, albeit now to a differnt .ru site before dumping it back into default.com.

Server is not hacked. The only thing I can think of left is the database, unless someone knows something that I don't? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Nov 08, 2010 16:24

Look for an htacces in the same folder or a higher folder than your evo install.

¥

5 Nov 08, 2010 17:18

Is this hidden?

It depends on how you're accessing your files:
From a shell... "ls -a" will show hidden files.
FTP... you may have to configure your ftp client to show hidden files.
CPanel or Plesk... should show those files with their file manager.

6 Nov 08, 2010 18:31

That fixed, thanks guys!

7 Nov 08, 2010 18:36

Cool!
Don't forget to change your ftp password, in case that's how they gained access in the first place.

Form is loading...