Recent Topics

1 Nov 13, 2010 00:21    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

I have attempted numerous times to run the installer and each time it takes me back to the install.php page with essentially nothing but the header. When I refresh the page, it brings back to the start (input page for host, db, user...)

This is on my own web server running Apache 2.2.17, PHP 5.3.3, and MySQL 5.1.52 on a Windows 7 32-bit machine.

I moved the entire blogs folder and contents to the root, so that the site is "http://localhost/blogs".

Any help would be appreciated. TIA

2 Nov 13, 2010 00:51

Make the 'conf' folder writeable by anybody and then change the permissions back after the install.

3 Nov 13, 2010 01:13

BushLeagueCritic wrote:

Make the 'conf' folder writeable by anybody and then change the permissions back after the install.

I have checked everything I am not seeing that the permissions are read-only. Therefore the folder should be writeable.

4 Nov 13, 2010 01:53

I am finding a lot of articles about issues with file permissions with PHP on Windows 7. Has anyone else run into this issue?

I have not installed IIS, as stated above running through Apache.

5 Nov 13, 2010 02:55

I am finding a lot of articles about issues with file permissions with PHP on Windows 7. Has anyone else run into this issue?

I haven't even run into Windows 7 yet. ;)
Did you install everything yourself, or are you using WAMP or XAMP?
XAMP, if I recall, has a permissions problem if you tell it to install under 'Program Files' on Vista and higher.

Sorry, I won't be much help with a Windows installation.

6 Nov 13, 2010 03:34

BushLeagueCritic wrote:

I haven't even run into Windows 7 yet. ;)
Did you install everything yourself, or are you using WAMP or XAMP?
XAMP, if I recall, has a permissions problem if you tell it to install under 'Program Files' on Vista and higher.

Sorry, I won't be much help with a Windows installation.

Installed myself. Basically, running Windows 7 Ultimate x86 without IIS.
Installed Apache, then PHP, then MySQL and now trying to get b2evolution installed.

Form is loading...