Recent Topics

1 Nov 23, 2010 07:45    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I recently installed B2Evo onto my site. (I did this directly from an installation option on my server, HostGator).

I want to start administrating, doing customization, etc. I haven't received any kind of registration from B2E, though. It never asked me for an email address, never did anything that led me to believe I was "registering". It simply installed the blog onto my site, end of story.

Over on the the B2Evo welcome info it says:

"After your installation is completed you should login with the password that you were given during installation."

Well, I never got anything.

The B2Evo login is of course requesting a username and password from me, but those do not exist.

So I try to get around the login problem by opening a new account, but it won't give me that option. There's one box given for both logging in and registering. If I put any username and password in, it tells me: "There is no user by that name. Check your spelling, or create a new account."

Okay, sure, why not "create a new account". Sounds good, right? Okay, where? The box that keeps telling me I don't exist doesn't accept anything I put in it, so I'm sure not able to create a new account THAT way.

It's a catch 22. I've been given no account, and I am also not allowed to open one.

Has anyone else had this problem, and how has everyone else received their passwords? Are they supposed to be emailed?

2 Nov 23, 2010 08:11

Usually at the final step of install, you are informed with the password at the bottom of the page, but i dont know about one click installations, ask your hosting provider about it.

Form is loading...