Recent Topics

1 Dec 05, 2010 17:19    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

While upgrading b2evolution from version 2.4.1 to 3.3.3 all accented characters of a blog were damaged.

New posts accept accented characters but the ones prior to the upgrade are damaged.
Can anybody give me a clue?

MySQL connection collation: utf8_general_ci
MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
Tables Collation: latin1_swedish_ci

Locale: Spanish (VE) utf8

2 Dec 05, 2010 17:57

go to your phpmyadmin and check if those characters are turned into ??'s in the database.If those characters are converted to question marks in the database, there is not much you can do, you will need a rollback.If not you have to make sure, all your tables and sub tables are set to utf8

3 Dec 05, 2010 18:03

Checked as suggested and... rollback it is. I Ignore what could have happened while upgrading.
I'll try to install the database again. Hope this time the characters don't get scrambled.

4 Dec 05, 2010 18:38

Using CPanel and PHPMyAdmin I created a new database and imported the MySQL dump.
Although the information is correct in my computer, when uploaded it looses the accented characters. What I'm I doing wrong?

5 Dec 05, 2010 19:29

gcasanova wrote:

Using CPanel and PHPMyAdmin I created a new database and imported the MySQL dump.
Although the information is correct in my computer, when uploaded it looses the accented characters. What I'm I doing wrong?

If you are using a server bundle like wamp xamp etc. on localhost, generally everything is set to utf8, but in shared hosting environments some table collations are set to latin_swedish_5 or 1.

it's hard to pin point where you are doing wrong, however (assuming it's working on localhost) i can suggest the following:

1. Do your usual upgrade in both localhost and online.
2. Go to your phpmyadmin
3. Select your database.Drop all your tables.
4. Select your database.Go to operations and make sure collation is set to utf8.
5. Export your local sql, go online and import it.

6 Dec 06, 2010 04:00

@tilqicom
Why are you talking about local install?

Change database collation to utf-8 in properties before you import the dump.

Also make sure you select utf-8 locale during upgrade ;)

7 Dec 06, 2010 04:38

sam2kb wrote:

@tilqicom
Why are you talking about local install?

Also make sure you select utf-8 locale during upgrade ;)

I dont know, he says it's working on local install and not online, so i thought of a fail safe way.

8 Dec 07, 2010 03:45

Nothing is working.

tilgicom, sorry about the confution, when I mentioned my PC I meant that when checking the databases content (with notepad ++) the accents are OK. It is when exporting from an old server and importing to a new one that the accents are lost and replaced with signs (?).

I've followed your directions:

Dropped all tables
Checked collation but it is latin1_swedish_ci so I changed it to utf8_general_ci
Then imported the database but nothing is imported.

sam2kb:

Also make sure you select utf-8 locale during upgrade

MySQL connection collation is set to utf8_general_ci and the locale inside b2evolution is ES-Ve utf8.

I really am lost.

9 Dec 07, 2010 05:42

I think its solved (hope so): I imported the database as latin 1 and now the accented characters appear right.

Form is loading...