Recent Topics

1 Dec 09, 2010 03:10    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3-stable

I've read for days and couldn't find the answer so I'm hoping someone can help.

I'm using the hotairballons skin during my testing (learning) and I'm trying to add simple navigation links and advertising banners in the sidebar.

I'll have multiple people writing so I want to be able to use links in the different skins. I added both the link widgets (simple page & simple post) but both show up as a post.

Any insight would be appreciated. I'm a rookie so simple is best :lol:

Thanks

2 Dec 09, 2010 14:01

so you want the sidebar to show the same contents no matter what skin is used ?

3 Dec 09, 2010 14:15

Some would be common but others wouldn't.

If I had to adjust each one based on the skin it wouldn't be a problem since I will only have a few guys writing for the website.

4 Dec 09, 2010 16:39

if only i could understand what you exactly need (:

5 Dec 09, 2010 18:55

If you can, a link to your site might give us a better idea as to what you mean.

L

7 Dec 09, 2010 19:11

Simple way is to add a FreeHTML widget to the sidebar and add the links you want to add as a list:

<ul>
<li><a href="http://www.your-url.com/1.html">Link 1</a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.your-url.com/2.html">Link 2</a></li>
</ul>

L

8 Dec 09, 2010 19:16

First lturner thanks for the help, very cool of you to stick with this thread.

And I edited my post because I found what you were pointer me to in the Add Widgets.

Thank you very much, the help is appreciated!

9 Dec 09, 2010 19:28

I don't think you missed anything. Here is a more formal way of doing it:

Create a new post where the title is the text you want as the link and the 'Link to url' field is the link you want to link too. Change the 'Type' of the post to 'Sidebar Link'. Click on save to save the post.

Now go to your widgets for that blog and add the 'Simple Sidebar Links list' widget.

All the above is from memory so apologies if it is a bit off.

L

10 Feb 25, 2015 21:42

Hi Iturner,
I have done exactly what you described above, but no link is to be seen in my sidebar, only the link to my blog itself.
I use b2e 5.2.2 and the Aveso skin.
Thanks.

Form is loading...