Recent Topics

1 Jan 08, 2011 02:58    

My b2evolution Version: 4

I'm hoping someone can help me fix a column width problem. I've removed most of the meta info on the left of the posts and scooted the main column to the left to take up the space where the meta info was, but it's leaving a big gap between sidebar 1 and sidebar 2. What I'm shooting for is for the main column to simply take up that space (be wider than it originally was) and push sidebar 1 back over against sidebar 2. I can't seem to find the code that will widen that main column though. Perhaps my initial edit of .narrowcolumn width was incorrect. I changed the original 620 to the 450 in the below code.

.narrowcolumn {
	float: left;
	padding: 0 0 20px 0px;
	margin: 0px 40px 0 0;
	width: 450px;

Help anyone?

http://operationsomething.com/blog3.php

2 Jan 08, 2011 05:08

Hi Ethan5150

You could try the Firefox brouwser with the Firebug extensions.
They allow you to view the css content and you can even edit the css for preview.

Makes ik much more simple to find what you are looking for.

Kind regards,
Zebulon

3 Jan 08, 2011 20:16

Thanks Zebulon,

I downloaded Firebug and it seems like a pretty cool tool. However, it too seems to be having trouble finding what is causing that gap (either that or I just can't figure out how to make it work properly). So, unfortunately, I'm back where I started...

4 Jan 08, 2011 21:11

Perhaps my initial edit of .narrowcolumn width was incorrect. I changed the original 620 to the 450 in the below code.

That's true, just change it back to 620px and don't forget to change .bText width to 620px too.

5 Jan 08, 2011 21:20

If I could email you a keg of beer I would! You are a rockstar!

Form is loading...